Search Unity

a sampler (musical instrument)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Jessy, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Jessy

Jessy

Edit: the linked post is gone, and someone requested the project, so I uploaded it.

This is a single .aif sample mapped across an equal-tempered octave.

I'm posting the web player because it is so small, versus the standalone build. However, it's really meant to be a standalone, so you can map your own keys. (The default is for the Q row on a U.S. QWERTY keyboard, so I recommend building an executable yourself and defining your own keys if you are using something else.)

I created this as a test, to answer someone's questions about Unity's pitch-shifting capabilities. I'm quite happy with how well it works, hence me posting it here. Check out the other post for the project file if you're interested:

http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=112216#112216

It's about 40 lines of code, and probably rather portable to other projects. The one thing that could stand to be better-automated, though, is the Input Manager interaction. I didn't see any documentation about scripting for it. Can we alter the Input Manager settings programmatically?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    KhaoTom, CharlieBrown and reinfeldx like this.
  2. runonthespot

runonthespot

And two years later a reply: This idea is very cool, nice one!

3. Essal

Essal

Very cool and handy, since I've been thinking about making a guitar/bass "simulation" webgame...xD

4. runner

runner

Im glad this thread has shown recent interest from the community and indeed deserves the bump

Nice work Jessy

and thanks :cool:

5. hugodigio

hugodigio

Attached Files: