Search Unity

A roguelike made in many years...

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Elvin-Hillbird, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Elvin-Hillbird

Elvin-Hillbird

Hi everyone,

After 6 years of working on and off (actually my wife says 7) finally it has come together as something that i can show to the world, the trailer of my roguelike game made with unity. It is still alpha but not too far from finishing. Thank you for your feedback.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    digiross and IsaiahKelly like this.
  2. IsaiahKelly

IsaiahKelly

That art-style is adorable. I also think making them look like miniatures was an excellent choice. It matches the "unrealistic" gameplay here very well. I would also be interested in giving your game a try if it manages to actually streamline the authentic Roguelike experience for us normal/lazy folks.

3. Elvin-Hillbird

Elvin-Hillbird

Thank you for your kind words. Yes being a normal/lazy folk myself i was aiming exactly that - streamlining the authentic Roguelike experience. Will put it on the early access hopefully soon.

4. Reedex

Reedex

i'll drop my two cents...
    0:20 of the video, maybe one should not be able to see through door.
    1:04 as i was looking at the tent with the cage above i thought that the reflection is way off,.. so i thought
    since those folks are figurines, maybe make it All in a wooden-ish kind of style (kind of like it's all carved but it wont have to be fancy) and perhaps add some specular and normal mapping, just try it on that cage - add spec and norm maps and wooden texture.(the way i see it in my head,looks brilliant).. and let me know what you think :- ) anyway me likey.
    p.s. i am not shader expert , but maybe there could be a way how would you simulate that via script so it saves you time doin it for each item.
    p.p.s i know i might be stretching a bit, but hey, you asked for it.
    the name, the rara sound you make when saying it quickly, you should think if you like it or not.
    i understand its about randomness but , most of these games kinda are.
    if you like it cool. if not, something like terra fortuna or terra grande sounds cool too . : - )

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019