Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

A recording bug in path tracing ?

Discussion in 'HDRP Ray Tracing' started by wenzy, Jul 25, 2021.

1. wenzy

wenzy

Hello community.

I am using the newest version of Unity Record . And I am trying to use the Image Sequece to export the image frame by frame. But sometimes the export will fail .

For example . The first 20 frame save sucessfully. But in the 21 frame , it will save an image full of noise pixels. ( It looks like it save image in the sample 1 state, not finish all the sample ) . And after that, all the export will fail.

Unity Version : 2020 - 3.14f LTS

(The bottom one is the fail export)
    https://imgur.com/fmVPJal

2. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

Hello ! Thanks for reporting the issue. This doesn't seem to be a known issue and I wasn't able to repro on my side.
    If you can make a bug report with a small repro of your project, we'll be able to have a look !

3. wenzy

wenzy

Thank you . I will do more testing to make sure if it can be repro in a small one.

But I have test the same project in another PC and meet another issue. (Previously is in laptop)

The PC issue.

* The above issue didn't come out but in other form. If it will fail in the first frame, it will keep failing. (The result is looks like in the sample 1 state). But if the first frame is correct. Then it will correct all the time.

* The editor will crash after rendering 327 frame. I have tried to export the sequence three times . And always crash in the same export number. ( I also test start recording at 300 frame, but at 627 will crash )

The pc graphic card is 1080Ti. Unity version , the newest 2020 and 2021.

Not sure what cause that issue

4. wenzy

wenzy

In my recent testing . When I create an empty scene with a cube with rotation. Then the export is totally fine.