Search Unity

A realtime multiplayer game with facebook friends, from scratch

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by tobicreaper, Feb 21, 2016.

1. tobicreaper

tobicreaper

Hello guys,
    My plan is to make a simple realtime game. The users will register using their facebook login. And they will be able to play against their friends or random players. It will have display pictures of each user, leader boards, search other people and add them. Pretty much like miniclip 8 ball pool.

So, my question is, where do I start? I don't wanna setup my own server. Also I have zero knowledge when it comes to backend. I did a little research and came to know that I can use photon/Unet for multiplayer realtime and playfab for backend. But would that be sufficient ? And how do I get facebook involved? I don't see any provision for display pics and dont know how to use facebook for user profiles in playfab.

I am quite confused and dont know where to start. Help me please :) :)

2. Brendan-Vanous

Brendan-Vanous

Sorry I didn't see this post previously - we do our main support over on the PlayFab forums, so hopefully you managed to get the info you need there. If not though, feel free to email us directly at devrel@playfab.com, and we can talk through the specifics of what you'd like to do. To get started with Facebook, have a look at this page on the login integration for Facebook accounts: https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Client/method/LoginWithFacebook. For image use, purchases, etc., feel free to hit us up with the specifics of what you need and we can talk through it in more depth.