Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

A quick question on new shaders

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by bac9-flcl, Nov 6, 2018.

1. bac9-flcl

bac9-flcl

Could someone briefly explain the role of the new Stacklit shader and AxF shader? It's not entirely clear from just looking at the source.

2. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

Stacklit is a high-quality PBR shader with more accurate behavior than the lit shader (It's made for high-quality visuals, cinematics, fully real-time rendered movies, etc) AxF is CAD related for Automotive shading/visualization.

3. bac9-flcl

bac9-flcl

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  4. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Hi,

>Stacklit is a high-quality PBR shader with more accurate behavior than the lit shader (It's made for high-quality visuals, >cinematics, fully real-time rendered movies, etc) AxF is CAD related for Automotive shading/visualization.

Perfect answer.
    More exactly AxF is the X-Rite format (a scanner tool) and it require an AxF importer to be use effectively with AxF file that is not available in default Unity.

Stacklit is more than the layered maaterial referenced, it is also iridesence, dual specular (Based on Barla paper) and other stuff... Not for game.

5. cchatzakis

cchatzakis

@SebLagarde How can I use my AxF materials in Unity I also at the release note of Unity2019.1 that the AxF importer is part of the Unity Industry Bundle. The bundle is Unity Pro+PiXYZ. Is the importer part of Unity or part of PiXYZ? I already hold a Pro license so if it's a part of Unity I should theoretically be able to use it...

Thanks