Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question a question about possible function

Discussion in 'VR' started by saeedsn189, Mar 31, 2024.

1. saeedsn189

saeedsn189

Hi . I am making a mixed reality game for quest 3. I am using mixed reality utility kit to get information about user`s room. what i want to do is I want to hide/remove/make transparent all real life walls or if possible a part of the walls to be able to see vr world in outside of user`s room trough the walls. I placed a transparent wall mesh in actual wall positions but I see actual walls trough transparent wall mesh instead of out site. I looking for a way ( any way) to make this happen. can anyone help me?

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Maybe look into stencil rendering. Then you can make windows into another world

saeedsn189 likes this.
  3. saeedsn189

saeedsn189

I will do it. Thank you so much for your help.

Update: I did watch some tutorials for that, and tbh its a bit complicated for me. I hope there will be another way to be a bit more easy and also dont take so much performance.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
  4. DevDunk

DevDunk

Stencil doesn't take up too much performance. I've done it in URP with way lower hardware than quest 2/3.

Otherwise you can just add geometry, but with stencil rendering it's easy to mask 3D stuff

5. saeedsn189

saeedsn189

I guess stencil rendering is my only option.

6. DevDunk

DevDunk

This guide is good for that:

saeedsn189 likes this.