Search Unity

A Question About Battle System In Unity

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Solena, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Solena

Solena

Hello. I'm not sure if I came to the right topic, but I'd like to ask a question as I am creating a 3D isometric world with 2D sprites in Unity.

I am trying to create a turn-based battle system, but I don't want the characters to sit still. I want them to move around, wait for their turn, then have them walk/run to their enemies to attack/cast magic at them.

One particular battle system in mind is similar of that of Grandia 1/2. (Link on "Grandia")

My question is, how do I go around making them move while in combat, and make them stay there rather than returning to their default position? And sorry, another question, is it only possible with C#, or is this also possible with C++ when creating this system in Unity?

Sorry for bad English. Thank you for taking your time to reply to this post.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Your question is a little vague. I mean, you make them move by changing their position (and maybe what sprite image they're showing) a little bit on each frame. You make them stay there by not moving them back.

In Unity, you do this in C#. You can't use C++ with Unity.

Oh, and this is a Getting Started question, not a Game Design question.

3. Solena

Solena

I see. Thank you very much. Sorry for the wrong thread.