Search Unity

A problem with Unity Hub 2.0.1 Community tab...

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by fatboynotslim, Jun 18, 2019.

1. fatboynotslim

fatboynotslim

I just updated to unity hub 2.0.1 and noticed the new "Community" tab.

However, when I clicked it, all the articles inside came up in Chinese!

Now, I *am* living in China, but I'm Australian, and I read, write, speak and develop in English. I cannot read Chinese at all.

I understand that you chose to default the "community" content to the language of the geographical location of the user, but if you do this, you *must* allow us to override this preference.

Currently I can read and understand none of the "community" articles, they're all in Chinese (and I guess, about China.) I would like to be able to change this to Australia or the US.

I'm sure there are many other unity users for whom assuming the language and content based on their geographical location is a problem. Please allow us to override this and specify the language and content in which we are interested.

(For example, in my case I would choose English, International content.)

Regards....

2. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello @fatboynotslim ,
    In fact, the community tab is specific to the China community. Other unity users around the world don't see that tab in the hub. @JustinZ is more capable of giving you more details.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Current we only have Chinese content showing in the tab. We will hide the tab when the system language is not Chinese in next release.

Thanks.

4. Baste

Baste

Please don't assume that system language has any correlation with the user's location. A lot of people outside English-speaking countries use an English system language to help with development, or simply because the OS localization is a garbage fire.

Allow us to specify which language we want, and where we are. A guess for the initially chosen language is fine, but any software that insists to set the language based on the user's IP address or system language is infuriating.

safaGH and Carwashh like this.
  5. neo1998x

neo1998x

It bothers me as well, apparently
    is not happening. Come on, it's mid-2020, are you guys seriously ignored this issue for nearly two years?