Search Unity

a problem with Physics.SyncTransforms

Discussion in 'Physics' started by lorenzo76, May 19, 2020.

1. lorenzo76

lorenzo76

Hello everyone,

I have a problem, i use unity 2017.1.3p3 for Wii U,

I use a script that I retrieve on the internet and I change certain part of the code to make it compatible on Wii U. however my version of unity does not have Physics.SyncTransforms() function. Unfortunately Unity no longer does update for the wii U.

Do you know of any other functions that I could use and that would be equivalent to Physics.SyncTransforms()?

thank you

2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

I don't recall when SyncTransforms came in but if it's not in your version it's not relevant. In those versions, when you change a Transform in any way then it makes all relevant changes there and then before returning from that change. This is part of the issue with it; change a position, rotation and scale separately and you'll get three updates for physics.

Not that you should really be calling this function anyway. The need to call it is often a warning that you're doing something you should avoid doing.

EDIT: Turns out it came in 2017.2

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  3. lorenzo76

lorenzo76

thanks you,

So i Have another question,

from Nintendo developer support, a developer explain that possible to install unity 2017.4 and then to install unityForWii-3-3-3-WiiUSupport.exe.

I tried and i be able to switch platforms from PC to WiiU.

however when I change platforms from PC to WiiU, some functions are no longer recognized.

example: Transform.SetPositionAndRotation or Physics.ComputePenetration etc… however they are well recognized
    in unity 2017.1.3p3 except Physics.SyncTransforms ().

... If I wanted to go to this version it is to have the possibility of using the function Physics.SyncTransforms ();

So I'm stuck, when I switch WiiU to the PC platform from unity 2017.4 all functions are well known.

I have the feeling that pc platforms and Wii U platform don't use the same UnityEngine.DLL

Do you have an idea?

thanks in advance

4. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

I work on 2D physics only and I'm afraid I don't have the answers to these non-physics questions for you.

I will say again though, there should be no good reason to use "Physics.SyncTransforms()"

Last edited: May 22, 2020