Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Resolved A problem with frames in my animation.

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by Noodle_Meanie, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Noodle_Meanie

Noodle_Meanie

In unity I'm making an animation. Normally the look is 15(W) x 15(H) pixels, but for this specific animation I \ made it 40(W) x 15(H) The player is normal in the center of where it should be, (the player is the one that's 15 x 15) because it's in the center of the frame. For the longer one, the player is moved to the very left so I can fit in a shooting thing. Because of that, when it has that frame in the animation, the player it looks like the player teleports to the left, then back. I understand why this is, I just need a solution, besides remaking the whole frame. Sorry if this was confusing.:confused:

2. mgear

mgear

i guess it depends on the pivot position (where sprite gets moved during that frame),
    so maybe pivot should be bottom center, or where the pivot is set now?

3. Noodle_Meanie

Noodle_Meanie

Ok, I tried that, but it wasn't right so I changed it, and now every pivot point I choose just has it be where I want, but then bumped a bit up, then a bit right. Any Idea what to do?

4. mgear

mgear

can you move/fix that one frame in animation window manually?
    or do you have lots of these in many sprites?

5. Noodle_Meanie

Noodle_Meanie

The only Time I have something like this is for what I'm working on right now. In the animation, there is only one frame, but soon there will be 1 - 2 more. Also, I figured out that whatever pivot point I set it as first is the one that is always used until I delete the frame from the animation, exit unity, come back in, change the pivot point, and see if it works.

6. Noodle_Meanie

Noodle_Meanie

Ok I think I fixed it (enough so it doesn't look really bad), but I might have other problems soon. Thank you for the help!