Search Unity

Resolved A problem with frames in my animation.

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by Noodle_Meanie, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Noodle_Meanie

Noodle_Meanie

In unity I'm making an animation. Normally the look is 15(W) x 15(H) pixels, but for this specific animation I \ made it 40(W) x 15(H) The player is normal in the center of where it should be, (the player is the one that's 15 x 15) because it's in the center of the frame. For the longer one, the player is moved to the very left so I can fit in a shooting thing. Because of that, when it has that frame in the animation, the player it looks like the player teleports to the left, then back. I understand why this is, I just need a solution, besides remaking the whole frame. Sorry if this was confusing.:confused:

2. mgear

mgear

i guess it depends on the pivot position (where sprite gets moved during that frame),
    so maybe pivot should be bottom center, or where the pivot is set now?

3. Noodle_Meanie

Noodle_Meanie

Ok, I tried that, but it wasn't right so I changed it, and now every pivot point I choose just has it be where I want, but then bumped a bit up, then a bit right. Any Idea what to do?

4. mgear

mgear

can you move/fix that one frame in animation window manually?
    or do you have lots of these in many sprites?

5. Noodle_Meanie

Noodle_Meanie

The only Time I have something like this is for what I'm working on right now. In the animation, there is only one frame, but soon there will be 1 - 2 more. Also, I figured out that whatever pivot point I set it as first is the one that is always used until I delete the frame from the animation, exit unity, come back in, change the pivot point, and see if it works.

6. Noodle_Meanie

Noodle_Meanie

Ok I think I fixed it (enough so it doesn't look really bad), but I might have other problems soon. Thank you for the help!