Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

a nice Playable example

Discussion in '5.2 Beta' started by pierrepaul, Jul 24, 2015.

1. pierrepaul

pierrepaul

Unity Technologies

Hi guys!

Just wanted to point you guys to a very simple example project that shows the power of playables..

http://files.unity3d.com/pierrepaul/AnimatorControllerPlayableExample.zip

So as I hope you already know, the Playable API allows you to create animation mixing graph with AnimationClips and AnimatorControllers. Yes! you read it right, you can mix AnimatorController ( ie StateMachines!)

In my example, I wanted to show 2 things:

1/ How to create a Custom Playable that handles transitions between AnimatorControllers. Just look at

class AnimationTransitionPlayable : AnimationMixerPlayable
    in PlayableHandler.cs

2/ That with AnimatorControllerPlayables, you can make it that the Props are "telling" the character how to use them.

In this example, you see that the "weapon" has a refence to an AnimatorController that has retargetable clips that animates the player that will use the weapon. This is very powerfull when you want to keep your controller as small as possible, or for DLC ..

What do you think of this ?

You can find the docs for Playable right here

hopeful and Xarbrough like this.
  2. terravires

terravires

I tried this on Beta4 and got a ton of spam errors in console when having ethan selected with animator tab open.
    It says animation controller "None (Runtime controlled)" in the inspector, but console and editor don't seem too happy about that.

Bug #714921

3. pierrepaul

pierrepaul

Unity Technologies

Thanks ill take a look.

We had a couple bugs with the Animator tool that we fixed for b5.

Still, I was definitively not having the console spams when I tested the project!

pp