Search Unity

A new VFX Graph course made after learning to use this new amazing tool

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by dilmerval, Mar 8, 2019.

1. dilmerval

dilmerval

Hi All good morning!

I wanted to share with you a video course which includes source code to the project where I have been experimenting with VFX Graph, I honestly didn't remotely know the power of this new tool but the results blew me away. Check out the next videos and screenshots to see what I have been able to create from few weeks of training.

Also, if you ever have any questions please let me know.

Unity3d Visual Effect Graph Essentials

Unity3d VFX Graph Tips and Tricks while creating comets and stars

Unity3d VFX Graph Colliders with new VFX Scenes included such as Space, Fire, and Basic Scene

Unity3d VFX Graph Creating Portals

Unity3d VFX Graph Exposed Parameters and Game Object Bindings

Thank you guys and I hope you enjoy this as much as I did while creating it.

TyrannicGoat and spacetort like this.
  2. ReadyPlayGames

ReadyPlayGames

Oh man I can't wait to dig into these! Thank you very much for sharing!

3. dilmerval

dilmerval

Thanks for letting me know :) if you have questions feel free to post here.

4. ReadyPlayGames

ReadyPlayGames

I did have a few questions.

Why do you have the spawn count so high if the capacity can't even support that many? Wouldn't they just not spawn the extras, or immediately destroy them? Or am I misunderstanding the "capacity" component?

In the Portal 4 video, I ran into a problem. The "target" is not in local space to the portal itself. Portal position.PNG

Even when parented, the target's position seems to be the absolute world position, so moving the portal will change where the particles are being pushed to. I wonder if this is a problem with the whole system or if it's designed this way. Is there a LocalToWorld/WorldToLocal conversion available? I could only find a LocalToWorld/etc for the portal's transform itself.

5. epare025

epare025

I tried manually putting in Vector3 values of the To - From transfoms to get the absolute position manually without using the parameters script and the direction vector is still way off, even when everything is set to absolute. Bizarre, I may be missing something but this feels like a bug.