Search Unity

Official A new Hub release is available - v3.7.0

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Gennady, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Gennady

Gennady

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone - Hub v3.7.0 is now live!

Here are some highlights from this release:

• Bug fixes & improvements
    • Improvements to login and licensing experience
    • Can now search projects by path

You can find the full list of the changes in the release notes.

Thank you! The Unity Hub team

Peter77 likes this.
  2. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Can we collapse or hide the version control and cloud connection columns now?
    On project creation, is the "connect to cloud" box unticked by default now?

3. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Anybody has installed the new version and could answer my questions, please? Thank you.

4. adamgolden

adamgolden

currently using 3.7.0-beta.2 - none of the community feedback from previous threads has been implemented yet:
    - still can't hide those new columns.
    - still can't pick the platform when creating a new project.
    - still have to manually untick that box for every new project.

chris_carr_tp, Ryiah and APSchmidt like this.
  5. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Thank you. I'll pass then, since I can do that, being on Linux. :)

uwek, Pitou22 and adamgolden like this.
  6. Janette5

Janette5

I'm still having a licensing issue on beta 3.7.0 beta 2. It said no license yesterday and I had to reactivate my personal license. Today it's again telling me no active licenses. And I have to reapply for a personal license (it picks up the existing license - but it's annoying having to apply for a license every time I open the Hub.) This never happened in versions before 3.6.

abishekhparivel likes this.
  7. Janette5

Janette5

upload_2023-12-15_10-5-34.png

I installed this version yesterday. And restarted the hub. This shouldn't appear.

8. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

You are using the beta version, it will switch to the "normal" version on restart.

9. adamgolden

adamgolden

I just got the notification now about 3.7.0 and updated. All notes in my previous post about beta.2 still apply.

andyz and APSchmidt like this.
  10. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Why are you guys using the beta version? Not buggy enough for you? ;)

Thank you. :)

11. OwnedByGravity

OwnedByGravity

When I try to activate with a serial number I get the following error:
    Activation failed: serial number has reached maximum license activations. Please return a previously activated license and try again.

I had this problem some time ago with a broken beta hub. But currently I am in the production channel and still the same problem.

12. OwnedByGravity

OwnedByGravity

13. alphaveneno

alphaveneno

UnityHub 3.7.0 (community version) not working. It's trying to load but it is stuck on the spinning 'wait' icon.

I was doing fine with UnityHub 3.6.1, however today UnityHub decided to upgrade itself to 3.7.0, while I was working in Unity3D too !

My system in Debian Linux 12 (bookworm)

I removed 3.7.0, purged it as well, reinstalled -> same issue.

Removed/purged again, tried:

sudo apt-get install unityhub=3.6.1

...and it installed 3.7.0 again !

@OwnedByGravity the installation instructions for Linux on the Wayback machine are the same as those on docs.unity3d.com/

Any ideas as to what to do?

14. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

This will install only the latest version of the hub. Right now you need to fix the problem that prevents 3.7. from working properly.
    On Linux, Unity Hub is not supposed to update itself unless you set your system updates to install automatically.
    I'm using Linux Mint and I can choose what updates I want to be installed. I chose not to install the new version of the hub.
    Don't you have a software that saves your entire system on a daily basis? Using one would allow you to go back in time and retrieve your system as it was before you updated the Hub.
    I use Timeshift; this one saved my skin a few times.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
  15. alphaveneno

alphaveneno

@APSchmidt. Thanks for timely reply.

I backup my home directory to an external 1TB drive around 1 am every night with rsync and crontab. I more or less save all my data and any other creations of mine and of others, plus downloads, but not installed applications.

Unfortunately I never got around to setting up Timeshift.

I also run apt update and apt upgrade -y (however not a full upgrade) overnight. The perplexing thing to me is this UnityHub update seems to have occurred spontaneously in the middle of the day. It could be because I left UnityHub open overnight and when I closed it in the middle of the day it took the opportunity to update itself.

I need to install Windows on one of my empty hard drives anyways, so I could migrate my Unity work there, for now. Is UnityHub 3.7 working reasonably well on Windows?

16. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

This is weird. Maybe you should ask about this to people knowledgeable about Debian?
    On Linux Mint , I was able to choose updates never to install by themselves and the updater allows me to ignore updates. My system is in French so the image shows the French text; it says "Ignore this update" and the second line says "Ignore all updates for this package".

Capture d’écran_2023-12-17_11-22-19.jpg

17. EvilGraboid

EvilGraboid

Still not getting a personal license.I thought it was fixed.:(

18. alphaveneno

alphaveneno

@APSchmidt

Agreed, it is a Debian issue.

I successfully installed UnityHub3.7.0 on a separate hard drive with MxLinux 23.1 as the OS. MxLinux 23.1 is derived from Debian 12, the OS - on my other (main) hard drive - that is giving me this problem. All the other hardware and software - the GPU, CPU, the drivers and so on - are the same for both OSes.

So the issue isolates to something specific about the Debian 12 operating system, or something that I configured that now impacts its ability to load UnityHub. Not a kernel or Unity issue.

19. Rabambulin

Rabambulin

Can't activate a personal license after new installation of 3.7.0 on a new Win11 PC (Login does work).

Keeps saying: "Activation of your license failed. Try again or contact Unity Support for help"

.ulf file doesn't exist in "C:\ProgramData", the "Unity" folder is not there too.

Works fine on my notebook with the same version.

Log messages:

{"timestamp":"2023-12-19T19:42:22.277Z","level":"info","moduleName":"APMClient","message":"[ 'Cloud config is enabled.' ]"}
    {"timestamp":"2023-12-19T19:42:22.421Z","level":"error","moduleName":"Authentication Service","message":"[ 'Bad response to refresh token call', { status: 401, headers: { ...}, data: { message: 'Invalid Refresh Token.', code: '143.002' } } ]"}
    {"timestamp":"2023-12-19T19:42:22.422Z","level":"info","moduleName":"Authentication Service","message":"[ 'Checking to see if error response is undefined. Response:', { status: 401, headers: {...
    {"timestamp":"2023-12-19T19:42:22.422Z","level":"info","moduleName":"Authentication Service","message":"[ 'Error response was undefined. Setting up retry.' ]"}

Eason734 likes this.
  20. io-games

io-games

Can not login when I start Hub from administrator. Browser does something, but nothing happend, Hub is still "Welcome to Unity Hub"
    Tested chrome, edge, etc

21. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

Those logs indicate that login doesn't work.. In 3.7 we shipped some protection against users being locked behind the login screen when there are service outages on unity's side. We haven't nailed down a UI for this though :/ even though your initials are there in blue you are actually failing to get an access token because your refresh token is invalid.

Have you tried signing out and back in ? You should be able to activate a license for at least the 2 hour duration of your first access token if you are able to sign in from the sign in screen.

We don't expect or want users to run hub as administrator. Another user wrote a great explanation:

APSchmidt likes this.
  22. Rabambulin

Rabambulin

I have written my solution here:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/act...ontact-unity-support-for-help-solved.1529317/

As you have stated, I solved the issue by Logging Out an In again, nice that this seems to be the simple solution, not so nice that it has happen after a clean installation, because this is nothing I would try at first.

But it would mean that one doesn't have to go through that nasty stuff I have done in the linked thread, which is good ;)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
  23. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

If you don't mind submitting a bug report then we can try to figure out the root cause.

24. inveth7

inveth7

Downloading Unity from Unity Hub still does not work for me - I've already sent few tickets but none of them were resolved.

Attached Files:

• cc.png
      cc.png
      File size:
      32.9 KB
      Views:
  25. io-games

io-games

I required to run as administrator sometimes, because can not build for android when Unity wants to download and update android sdk or something.

26. Rabambulin

Rabambulin

Done that: #1732025

judesidloski likes this.
  27. Henrarz

Henrarz

Still no Apple Silicon native, what a joke

28. Janette5

Janette5

I got this error message yesterday. Got the license. Today it is displaying again. Are you perhaps saving this info somewhere in the temp files that is being wiped by Windows updates? Can you please fix that?

upload_2023-12-26_11-57-50.png

29. Eason734

Eason734

I am a Windows user and I am having the exact same problem with activating the personal lisence and it gives me the error of "Activation of your license failed. Try again or contact Unity Support for help." every single time. I have tried:
    (1) Delete all unity-related files in the AppData folder
    (2) Reinstall the lastest unity hub (3.7.0) multiple times
    (3) Uninstall 3.7.0 and used some oudated version like 3.5.1 and 3.6.1 instead
    (4) Logout and login

Nerther of above works for me and I am officially stuck now after trying about 5+ hours. Please help, this is just so frasturating.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
  30. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Windows? Linux? Mac?
    Did you file a bug report?

judesidloski likes this.
  31. Eason734

Eason734

Below is what I see in the "Unity.Licensing.Client" file:

2023-12-26 11:07:00.418 - [ 26344] - [ 8] - ERROR - [ClientConfigurationLoader.HttpRequests] /!\ Exception caught while sending request: [GET | https://public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com/config/production | ]
    System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The requested address is not valid in its context. (public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com:443)
    ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10049): The requested address is not valid in its context.
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 token)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.<ConnectAsync>g__WaitForConnectWithCancellation|281_0(AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs saea, ValueTask connectTask, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectToTcpHostAsync(String host, Int32 port, HttpRequestMessage initialRequest, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectToTcpHostAsync(String host, Int32 port, HttpRequestMessage initialRequest, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.AddHttp11ConnectionAsync(QueueItem queueItem)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSourceWithCancellation`1.WaitWithCancellationAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.HttpConnectionWaiter`1.WaitForConnectionAsync(Boolean async, CancellationToken requestCancellationToken)
    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingHttpMessageHandler.<SendAsync>g__Core|5_0(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at Unity.Licensing.Client.Services.LoggingHttpHandler`1.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    2023-12-26 11:07:01.015 - [ 26344] - [ 8] - WARN - [Unity.Licensing.Client.Configuration.ClientConfigurationLoader] Couldn't download remote config from: "https://public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com/config/production" result is: An error as occured while fetching config from https://public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com/config/production: The requested address is not valid in its context. (public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com:443)
    2023-12-26 11:07:03.035 - [ 26344] - [ 1] - INFO - [Unity.Licensing.Client.Program] cloudEnvironment: production
    2023-12-26 11:07:03.040 - [ 26344] - [ 1] - INFO - [Unity.Licensing.Client.Program] Client product version: 1.15.0+66d4389
    2023-12-26 11:07:03.044 - [ 26344] - [ 1] - INFO - [Unity.Licensing.Client.Program] Client assembly version: 1.15.0.0
    2023-12-26 11:07:03.046 - [ 26344] - [ 1] - INFO - [Unity.Licensing.Client.Program] File version: 1.15.0 (C:\AAA\Devs\Game Devs\Unity Hub\UnityLicensingClient_V1\Unity.Licensing.Client.dll)
    2023-12-26 11:07:03.048 - [ 26344] - [ 1] - INFO - [Unity.Licensing.Client.Program] Current OS: Microsoft Windows 10.0.22631
    2023-12-26 11:07:03.051 - [ 26344] - [ 1] - INFO - [Unity.Licensing.Client.Program] Command line arguments: --namedPipe Unity-LicenseClient-yishen --cloudEnvironment production
    2023-12-26 11:07:03.064 - [ 26344] - [ 1] - INFO - [Unity.Licensing.Client.Program] Analytics CorrelationId: 6a2ed5efff4b96aa4937820a7b3b52ec
    2023-12-26 11:07:03.076 - [ 26344] - [ 14] - INFO - [Unity.Licensing.Client.PipeServerExecutor] GlobalMutex Unity-LicenseClient-yishen created (on thread: 14)
    2023-12-26 11:07:03.080 - [ 26344] - [ 1] - WARN - [Unity.Licensing.Client.Services.LicensingOrchestrator] Floating licensing service disabled: Invalid servicesConfiguration for licensing. Make sure the licensingServiceBaseUrl servicesConfiguration is a valid URL
    2023-12-26 11:07:03.082 - [ 26344] - [ 1] - WARN - [Unity.Licensing.Client.Services.LicensingOrchestrator] Licensing replication disabled: Failed to acquire Licensing Service URL from configuration under configuration key: licensingServiceBaseUrl

32. Eason734

Eason734

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
  33. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

judesidloski likes this.
  34. Janette5

Janette5

Yesterday I had a Windows update - today again, no license file. (Windows 11 Home Single Language)

35. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

If you have the time please submit a bug report which will get you in touch with the licensing devs. A lot of issues with licensing end up being out of scope for hub team due to the specific knowledge they require.

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

Cannot use my personal licence anymore? What is happening ?

Attached Files:

37. ctrlalteva

ctrlalteva

I understand why Unity would want to leave the "Connect to Unity Cloud" button checked by default when creating a new project, but currently you cannot delete projects in Unity Cloud.

Can you at least leave this unchecked by default until that ability to delete projects has been implemented? Right now I have a bunch of test projects cluttering up my organization that I cannot get rid of.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
  38. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

I don't think this will ever be allowed any time soon. Unfortunately.

What you can do is create a new organisation and move all your clutter projects to it. And then make sure to untick that ... option when you create a project. :)

@Gennady I don't understand why Unity allows their servers to be cluttered with completely useless stuff, especially knowing how all these servers have disastrous effects on the planet ecology.

39. FORMET

FORMET

j'ai une licence perseonnelle active depuis décembre 2022 et je ne peut peux pas l'activer sur le Hub 3.7.0 suite à un changement de carte mère

40. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Créez en juste une nouvelle, s'agissant de la version gratuite, c'est sans conséquence.
    Just create a new one; it's inconsequential since it a free licence.

41. FORMET

FORMET

I deleted the Hub and redid a new personal license, the result is still the same.

42. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

You deleted everything, including all the hidden files? Ask for help from the Hub then.

Capture d’écran_2024-02-02_16-22-17.jpg

43. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

I'd recommend that you get in touch with support by

right clicking the hub icon in tray -> troubleshooting -> report a bug

44. FORMET

FORMET

yes I did that last night, now I'm waiting

45. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

I just noticed that we can work on our projects although the Hub is closed (from the tray icon). Only two small processes remain open.
    Maybe this is useful. :)

Capture d’écran_2024-02-11_12-35-04.jpg

judesidloski and adamgolden like this.
  46. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

I'd like to report a bug in the Hub using the proper form but I can't. Why? Because I cannot read any of the fields on it.

Capture d’écran_2024-02-13_19-09-16.jpg

47. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

It is because the contrast is too low right ? It is a good point there is not nearly enough contrast. I verified on my machine it looks similar to yours. I'll make a ticket for that, and in the meantime try clicking on the fields to make the label text a bit darker.

APSchmidt likes this.
  48. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Thank you! If you could at the same time ask the people who are in charge to implement a dark mode for that window, that would be great.

I think what I wanted to report is the fact that I deinstalled an editor using the "uninstall" link to that effect but the Hub still considered it as installed. I threw the whole install folder away and the Hub did notice its disappearance though.

judesidloski likes this.
  49. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Still no rename? All my projects are named 'src' or 'client :/

I still can't hover over my path name to see where it goes and expand the path separator? The current design is pretty useless since everyone sees `c:\path\to\...` prefix to see nothing useful. If anything, it should show the very right part of the path instead of beginning, if we can't adjust it or preview the text.

judesidloski likes this.
  50. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

Woah, the version control column is super annoying. I use Git. I don't need this information. The column shouldn't be the second one, as it is asking for attention too much this way.

It is so annoying that I wish to revert the upgrade. Where can I download previous Hub-Versions?

MrLucid72 likes this.