Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official A new Hub release is available - v3.6.0

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Gennady, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Gennady

Gennady

Unity Technologies

Hi!

Update for the people who are not able to start the Hub after the update to 3.6.0:

We released the new version of the Hub - Hub 3.6.1-beta1.

This version of the Unity Hub fixes an issue which caused the license client to crash and resulted in some users being stuck on the hub loading screen.

Please use the following link to download the version:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public.cloud.unity3d.com/hub/prod/UnityHubSetupBeta.exe

Kindly follow the steps below:

• Close all open Editors

• Make sure Unity Hub is closed (check the system tray)

• Uninstall the currently installed Unity Hub

• Install the new version
    Please let us know if Hub is launching successfully.

Thank you for the cooperation and patience!

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Please make the new columns removable. It's okay to push this by default, but it takes up unneeded space for those who don't use it

3. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

So I did and it appears that having the projects connected to the dashboard removed is no longer possible.

Then I deleted my account and created a new one, this one. When I came back to the Hub after connecting to the new account, I noticed that the Hub had switched to the new account by itself. I didn't even have to renew my licence. :) I only had to opt out from Analytics.

I'm still a bit paranoiac though, I start the Hub on line, so that it connects to my account, then I start Visual Studio so that it loads all it needs to work properly with Unity and then I disconnect from the internet and work on my projects or create new ones.

@Gennady So, could we one day use the Hub to connect to the forums instead of our browser? I would like that, do you think it's worth requesting this there? :)

AcidArrow likes this.
  4. adamgolden

adamgolden

I just noticed a longstanding Hub bug was fixed, where if a download while installing new editor fails and you click the retry button, it would just keep failing and you'd end up having to start all over downloading from scratch. I just encountered a fail (probably network) at 75%-ish and when I noticed, I clicked the retry button, and instead of instantly jumping to failure like before, it checked the file for a few seconds, then actually resumed download where it left off. NICE!

Also noticed that in the 2023.3.0a12 announcement post, the release notes were available right away (well at least, I noticed the announcement about 45 mins after it was posted, and clicking release notes link actually worked for a change - as opposed to being missing until next day or later, which has been an issue we were plagued with for ages now). Not only that, 0a12 "known issues" looks cleaned up with every single one remaining being noted as fixed in a13 or a14.. so maybe we're getting close to 2023.3 beta! :)

Edit: ..there is actually 1 known issue not mentioned as fixed that I didn't notice: "Platform Audio: [Linux] No audio output when playing audio (UUM-53143)"
    Edit 2:
    ..lmao..nope there's 2.. is release notes still being edited or i'm really that blind! :eek:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  5. bugfinders

bugfinders

nice - i ran into that the other day, not sure why it didnt install but it failed and it was like "oh just try harder" but as you say click, nope, click, nope.. restart sure.....

adamgolden likes this.
  6. wlad_s

wlad_s

For me it still doesn't work :/ It says "Signing in" for a few minutes and then "Something went wrong"

7. wlad_s

wlad_s

I've installed the old version that works for me (3.5.0) and tried to report the bug, but LOL, what should I do?

Screenshot 2023-11-02 152325.png

8. mopthrow

mopthrow

Excuse me, how do I open my projects without this hub? I don't want to not be able to work because the sign in is down.

Attached Files:

• no.jpg
      no.jpg
      File size:
      511.4 KB
      Views:
    scarletsnake likes this.
  9. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

This is the beta version, deinstall it and reinstall version 3.5. Somebody put a link to the previous version here yesterday or the day before.

10. Darkmatter520

Darkmatter520

This does not work for me. I still get the "Something went wrong message." Now I can't into my project at all, which is my fulltime job, not just a hobby, I really need to get this working again. Any workaround for this?

11. Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Yeah, a lot of users are having this issue right now.
    Half my studio can't login into Unity Hub at all.

I had to manually open the project folder and open a scene file to launch Unity.

mopthrow likes this.
  12. Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Not jut the beta version. People are reporting it with stable releases as well.

13. teasully

teasully

Hello, I am receiving the same error as @wlad_s and @mopthrow. I cannot login with Hub 3.6.0 nor the beta linked above. Looking at the logs, looks like the servers are down or unreachable. Is there no way to open my Unity project without signing in? (Edit: was able to open my project via comment above, thanks!)

{"timestamp":"2023-11-02T16:15:50.012Z","level":"info","moduleName":"secondAppInstanceBootstrap","message":"[ 'Second instance of the Hub was started. Closing..' ]"}
    {"timestamp":"2023-11-02T16:15:50.611Z","level":"info","moduleName":"Authentification Service","message":"[ 'Fetching user info from the identity provider using access token' ]"}
    {"timestamp":"2023-11-02T16:15:50.766Z","level":"error","moduleName":"Authentification Service","message":"[ 'Error fetching user info from access token: AxiosError: Request failed with status code 503' ]"}
    {"timestamp":"2023-11-02T16:15:50.768Z","level":"warn","moduleName":"Authentification Service","message":"[ 'Could not authenticate user', [AxiosError: Request failed with status code 503] { code: 'ERR_BAD_RESPONSE', config: { transitional: [Object], adapter: [Function: httpAdapter], transformRequest: [Array], transformResponse: [Array], timeout: 0, xsrfCookieName: 'XSRF-TOKEN', xsrfHeaderName: 'X-XSRF-TOKEN', maxContentLength: -1, maxBodyLength: -1, env: [Object], validateStatus: [Function: validateStatus], headers: [Object], proxy: false, responseType: 'json', method: 'get', url: 'https://core.hub-proxy.unity3d.com/api/users/me', data: undefined }, request: ClientRequest { _events: [Object: null prototype], _eventsCount: 7, _maxListeners: undefined, outputData: [], outputSize: 0, writable: true, destroyed: false, _last: true, chunkedEncoding: false, shouldKeepAlive: false, maxRequestsOnConnectionReached: false, _defaultKeepAlive: true, useChunkedEncodingByDefault: false, sendDate: false, _removedConnection: false, _removedContLen: false, _removedTE: false, _contentLength: 0, _hasBody: true, _trailer: '', finished: true, _headerSent: true, _closed: false, socket: [TLSSocket], _header: 'GET /api/users/me HTTP/1.1\\r\\nAccept: application/json, text/plain, */*\\r\\nUser-Agent: hub 3.6.1-beta.1\\r\\ndate: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 16:15:50 GMT\\r\\nContent-Type: application/json\\r\\nAUTHORIZATION: Bearer CTLCp9ASFx1nLvPLkPg50_URgGK7oZK2l7IWjLhEqd0002f\\r\\nHost: core.hub-proxy.unity3d.com\\r\\nConnection: close\\r\\n\\r\\n', _keepAliveTimeout: 0, _onPendingData: [Function: nop], agent: [BoundHttpsProxyAgent], socketPath: undefined, method: 'GET', maxHeaderSize: undefined, insecureHTTPParser: undefined, path: '/api/users/me', _ended: true, res: [IncomingMessage], aborted: false, timeoutCb: null, upgradeOrConnect: false, parser: null, maxHeadersCount: null, reusedSocket: false, host: 'core.hub-proxy.unity3d.com', protocol: 'https:', _redirectable: [Writable], [Symbol(kCapture)]: false, [Symbol(kNeedDrain)]: false, [Symbol(corked)]: 0, [Symbol(kOutHeaders)]: [Object: null prototype], [Symbol(kUniqueHeaders)]: null }, response: { status: 503, statusText: 'Service Unavailable', headers: [Object], config: [Object], request: [ClientRequest], data: '<html><body><h1>503 Service Unavailable</h1>\\nNo server is available to handle this request.\\n</body></html>\\n' } } ]"}

The_Swiss_Guy likes this.
  14. KamilCSPS

KamilCSPS

Was still unable to sign in...

Then renamed info-log.json to info-log.json.bak to get a clean log file and voila. It works. Don't know if it was license server timeout or what.

o_O

15. Darkmatter520

Darkmatter520

Right, opening a scene file is the current hack to get back to work! I was getting really frustrated. Now my main issue is I am not logged in, so I can't download assets! Right when I needed to download one of course...

16. LLRobPet

LLRobPet

Same problems with 3.6.0 Hub here.
    I quit the 3.6.0 Hub and started Unity 2022.2.12f1 via Desktop Icon now.
    Surprise, it starts the Hub and I had acess to my projects now.
    I closed all and started the Hub 3.6.0. All ok now.
    Don't know if this could help you too, just try it.

17. Darkmatter520

Darkmatter520

I just re-downloaded the Hub beta version and now it mysteriously works? Maybe Unity's log in servers where down temporarily? Odd...

18. mopthrow

mopthrow

Ok I left it open on the 'something went wrong' message screen and I went out for 10 minutes, I came back and it had logged me in automatically.

Time for work o7

19. teasully

teasully

Fixed, servers must have had a hiccup.

20. bugfinders

bugfinders

21. black_30

black_30

For me it still doesn't work, even after trying the 3.6.1 version...

22. amilcar_unity

amilcar_unity

After updating to the new 3.6.0 Hub I'm not able to open projects from Unity 2020.3.25f1. They get a licensing client timeout and close.

Projects from unity 2021.3.29f1 work just fine. So there is something going on with older licensing client communications.

23. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

24. black_30

black_30

Where can I find the logs?
    Sorry, I'm a total beginner in this world...

Btw, English is my second language, so I apologize in advance for any mistakes.

25. Factoris

Factoris

Hello, my problem is that when I open Unity Hub, a lot of information is loaded into memory, about 6-7 GB, which is why my system starts to slow down. I would like to ask you to correct this very important problem, since this also occurs when opening the editor. This problem was not observed on Unity Hub 2.0 and before 3.0.

26. bugfinders

bugfinders

mine i think does the same, i assume that is it trolling off going through the projects on the list checking the previous versions and other things about them like dates and so forth.. (cache people, cache!!) as well as of course it goes off looking for new versions (without permission) and checking your license and who knows what it sends back if you opted in for analytics..

27. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

I'm requesting the following:

Please remove that thing (surrounded in red) that takes a huge place and is completely useless.

Capture d’écran_2023-11-05_11-19-55.jpg
    Please, make this "Connect to Unity Cloud" choice unticked by default.

Capture d’écran_2023-11-05_11-23-43.jpg
    And please, make the bug reporter DARK for people like me who use the dark mode...

Capture d’écran_2023-11-05_14-46-20.jpg

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
    fuzzy3d, FlaSh-G, Dennis_eA and 2 others like this.
  28. Sveken

Sveken

Unfortunately, I am not able to open my current projects or start any new projects in the latest version of Unity Hub.. This happened after I did the update and the license renewal Unity Hub asked me to do.. I tried to solve this issue by following tips on this forum and Youtube (like switching to the beta version, change the firewall settings of your computer, try to renew license, and clear the cache). Unfortunately, nothing worked.. I hope someone can help me with this issue. If

scarletsnake likes this.
  29. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Just upgraded to version 3.6.1 and didn't encounter any problem.

30. Shizola

Shizola

Please fix the project path length bug.

31. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

Please stop issuing "updates" that nobody wants. There are at least a dozen messages in this thread to make the new columns optional or remove them altogether. You say "submit a feature request". I'm sure some have (I did) but based on my experience it takes you guys months to implement features we request, yet weeks to add things we don't want. If you paid attention to your community instead of thinking up ways to make things "better" you might earn some much needed street creds from us.

32. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

3.6.1 broke license validation, don't upgrade.

Ohmz19 and menofel like this.
  33. menofel

menofel

@PanthenEye I have same issue i cant recreate personal license

34. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

35. menofel

menofel

36. adamgolden

adamgolden

Eek :eek: ..
    issues.png
    Despite the above situation, I was able to open a project, open Package Manager, all my assets are there, was able to download some updates, and the Asset Store website is showing my assets and notifications. Hopefully all this gets resolved soon for everyone impacted.. not a good day for the devs working on and/or blamed for these things, hope you guys get to go home today, good luck!

37. Occuros

Occuros

+1 for visibility toggle for columns

38. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

It is no problem :) For future there is a link to the logs that you can find by right clicking the hub tray icon and then navigating to the troubleshooting submenu.

But In this case please use the report a bug button in that same sub menu, and your logs will be automatically attached to the bug report.

39. Janette5

Janette5

Every +- 2nd time I use the hub, it tells me there's no active licenses and I must reapply for it - when I reapply it picks up my license. But can you please have it save that information so I don't have to activate a license before I can use it. I had this issue in 3.6 and upgraded to 3.6.1 and again got the message no active licenses.

40. artofmining

artofmining

3.6.1 trashed everything .. not able to add any templates or download any new versions .. EVERYTHING downloading STALLS usually aroun 98%

41. artofmining

artofmining

Tried this, still problems and then it auto updated back to 3.6.1

42. Pitou22

Pitou22

Let us remove those two news columns! Please add an option for people that don't use Unity VCS nor cloud services. Now paths to projects on disk are truncated due to that...

upload_2023-11-13_19-51-30.png

43. scarletsnake

scarletsnake

I'm now starting to believe in a conspiracy theory that forces within Unity want the company to self-destruct... :D
    Anyway... Switched back to Unity Hub 3.5.2 and everything seems to work fine again.
    Thank you, to the wonderful community on here that led me to this solution.
    Please... PLEASE make Unity Hub optional. Have a workaround for checking licenses from within the editor or something, but don't make Hub the only way of using Unity...

44. Zan_Kievit

Zan_Kievit

It's quite aggravating to have to deal with basic main features like downloading a Unity editor version being impossible with every other hub update. Legitimately, get your S*** together with this piece of software you shove down our throats to be able to use your actual product.

3.6.1 doesn't fix anything, any download fails instantly. Refreshing does nothing, I can't even cancel the download.
    upload_2023-11-15_12-12-51.png

45. fuzzy3d

fuzzy3d

Hallo, how do you do this? How to get previous versions of UnityHub? Thank you.

46. Pitou22

Pitou22

47. Dennis_eA

Dennis_eA

Colleagues and I are wondering, this must be a bug: With the new Hub changes we need to select a Unity Cloud organization, otherwise we can't create a new project (button is grayed out).

Like @APSchmidt mentioned before, please make the checkbox unticked by default.
    The drop down menu selection shouldn't matter here, please just give us the option to create a new project.

In case this is not a bug, I'm kindly asking to clarify what exactly is happening here under the hood (if there are any online services connected to our new projects, we need some more info on what's happening under the hood (and have full control to turn that off / on))

Edit: changed the screenshot, this is how it looks with the default pre-selection

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
  48. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

Indeed there is poor UX here which is causing confusion :( Let me take the time to explain it...

"Unity Cloud Organization" here actually refers to unity org which is a fundamental piece of the unity ecosystem and is depended on by various systems. Previously your default org (one created with your account) was used automatically. This creates some headaches for users to change it -- similarly not having any org would create headaches down the line as everything that uses the unity org would need to have UX to set it up.

The org selection is stored locally and there are no online services being used behind the scenes unless you enable them via the checkboxes.

Why is it a fundamental piece ? I've asked this same question, and not fully understood the whole picture, but multiple teams have told us repeatedly that selecting the org here solves a lot of problems for them and we take their word for it.

Hope that clears things up. You can expect that in a future hub release the checkbox will be renamed to something that doesn't suggest it is a cloud specific setting, and also that we will provide some means to simplify the project creation flow such as remembering and pre-selecting your most recent choice.

Thanks.

Dennis_eA likes this.
  49. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I feel like you know it doesn't.

Ryiah, Pitou22, nehvaleem and 2 others like this.
  50. Dennis_eA

Dennis_eA

Thanks! Where is it stored, must be inside a project settings file because it doesn't seem to be git-ignored? It's not the ProjectSettings file, at least the company info is still "Default company". We did some testing.

Thank you :)

Edit: I think there needs to be a way to create a new project without storing any information about the license holders account or main organization. Just like the default company info says "Default company" - keep that.
    IMO there must be a way to generate clean temporary projects you can pass around without giving out info about whoever created the project initially. I think that the account/org info should not be embedded inside the project.
    IF it's not linked to any online service just remove it, everything else just confuses people.
    I mean we got an official answer and we are still confused by it :eek: That's my 2cts Thank you

Disclaimer: Last part if based on assumptions!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023