Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official A new Hub release is available - v3.4

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Gennady, Dec 13, 2022.

1. Gennady

Gennady

Unity Technologies

Unity Hub v3.4 is now available. Read a few highlights of this release below, but make sure to check out the release notes for the full list of what’s included.

• Apple silicon and Intel side-by-side (SxS) support: Apple Intel and silicon Editor versions can now be managed side-by-side in the Hub, enabling you to seamlessly switch between Intel and silicon Editor versions as needed.

• Light theme: Customize the Hub's appearance by choosing between a dark or light theme.

• Install a ‘Missing’ Editor version: In just a few clicks, you can now download your project's 'missing' Editor version directly from the Hub, instead of navigating to the archive.

If you encounter any issues, share them with us through the Unity Hub Bug Reporter. For a glimpse at what's coming next, or to share your ideas, visit the Unity Hub roadmap.

Thank you!

The Unity Hub team

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

December 2022 and still no native Apple Silicon version of Unity Hub. Is there any chance we ever have a full native experience ? In 2035 ? Thank you.

Muckel and thylaxene like this.
  3. bnmguy

bnmguy

I'm less concerned with the Hub itself, and more with the state of the Apple Silicon version of the editor, which is basically unusable in many scenarios, and even then is extremely crash prone, making progress slow as tar.

With Apple already well into its 2nd Generation hardware, with 3rd Gen. right around the corner, this seems pretty unacceptable.

But I agree, Hub support should come with it.

Muckel likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Speaking from my experience with the editor; it seems to be pretty stable - mainly using URP; crashes on very rare occasions when toying around with massive vegetation - what sort of issues are you having ?

Muckel, thylaxene and DevDunk like this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

I submitted my feature request, let's see how long it takes you to implement it.

6. _FLX

_FLX

3.4.1 broke my project, some editor panels are showing (others are blank/full white).
    It hangs, and after a while the task manager says the process is not answering.

Tried all solutions, lost the day, project still broken...

I only found one error in one of the logs (Unity.Licensing.Client.log) :

2022-12-16 16:51:09.536 - [ 7588] - [ 18] - INFO - [Unity.Licensing.Client.Services.Licensing.GenesisLicensingService] Attempting to contact genesis update license api
    2022-12-16 16:51:09.697 - [ 7588] - [ 4] - WARN - [GenesisClient.HttpRequests] Handled response: [404 | Not Found | {
    "type" : "https://httpstatuses.com/404",
    "title" : "Invalid context",
    "status" : 404,
    "errorCode" : 404005,
    "detail" : "Machine bindings in context was not registered before",
    "instance" : "/licenses/v1/context",
    "results" : [ ]
    }] from request: [POST | https://license.unity3d.com/licenses/v1/context | {"context":{"DeviceName":"XXX"...

Gennady likes this.
  7. _FLX

_FLX

Ok, after failing with all other solutions,
    I was able to open an editor by creating a new empty project, then file > open project > my broken project
    And it finally worked...

8. neelakandanvijayakumar

neelakandanvijayakumar

unity hub is not launching in ubuntu 20.0.4. it showing nothing when i run app image

9. Baste

Baste

Hi! Is there anywhere we can give meta-feedback on the Roadmap? Some of the features you're considering (notifications, Asset management) are actively bad, but the most negative thing I can click on is "Nice-To-Have", when what I want to click on is "don't do this, these are features that will make the product worse than if they weren't there". Obviously I can write that in the box, but if you're doing stats and are going "well X amount of people said it was Nice-To-Have" that would be wrong!

10. Alxender

Alxender

I agreed with you.

11. EdwardFalzon

EdwardFalzon

I was running Unity Hub v2.4x on Linux because v3 authentication doesn't work. Yesterday, the hub performed a silent upgrade without my knowledge or permission and still doesn't log in correctly, because of the ridiculous browser-based authentication system. I cannot find v2.4 anywhere online and I cannot do any work.

Someone please send me a link to download v2.4 so I can get back to work. @Gennady

And DO NOT perform automatic upgrades on Linux. NOT cool.

12. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

https://github.com/Ravbug/UnityHubNative Try this

Muckel likes this.
  13. EdwardFalzon

EdwardFalzon

14. viacheslav_unity168

viacheslav_unity168

@Gennady please change CLI select menu of Intel or Apple Silicon to simple argument for command. Most of all using CLI to automate our work and we don't want to see a request requiring human input.
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. ? Multiple editors found for given version "2021.3.16f1". Please select:
    2.   2021.3.16f1 (Intel)
    3. ❯ 2021.3.16f1 (Apple silicon)

15. viacheslav_unity168

viacheslav_unity168

Temporary fix described in this thread Unity Hub CLI on m1 mac

16. brian1gramm1

brian1gramm1

HELP! I just updated the hub to 3.4.1 and I lost all my installed versions of the unity editor. When the editor reloaded after updating it asked me to install version 2021.3.16f1. and all my other versions where gone. I do not know what to do

17. JustinKovacich

JustinKovacich

18. BradZoob

BradZoob

Will there ever be any real documentation for Hub? Where config files are written etc. I can't seem to find the project list file in any of the dozen or so places i'd expect it to be, and where all it's sibling files are. Is it hiding? the idea of upgrading and having project list mashed is a bit daunting so i'd like to be able to copy out the config so i can attempt to reproduce it should i need to. Windows 10 pro 64bit. oooh you're not using the registry are you?

Huszky likes this.
  19. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

20. JustinKovacich

JustinKovacich

For anyone who is (still) running into issues after UnityHub auto-upgraded them, the official downloads work, the ones that get forced on you when you upgrade are corrupted. When I switched to the official downloads it worked. Good luck.

21. Deleted User

Deleted User

January 2023.
    No native Apple Silicon Unity Hub.

Muckel, MousePods and rmb303 like this.
  22. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Muckel likes this.
  23. dayjur

dayjur

Just updated to latest hub on MAC its not working wierd flickering menu then black screen how do i get a prev version

Muckel likes this.
  24. rebl_

rebl_

It is 2023 and I refuse to install Rosetta on my Mac. Why is the Hub still not native on silicon? Also it still takes forever to load up and is super slow in general + takes way too much memory.

Muckel likes this.
  25. Deleted User

Deleted User

It still requires you to have UnityHub & Rosetta installed no ? At least last time I tried it did; plus when you're switching between project that c... still needs to open UH.

26. Deleted User

Deleted User

Keep on dreaming; Unity simply don't care; just look at my previous posts ... they didn't bother replying.

Muckel and MousePods like this.
  27. Muckel

Muckel

Unity3d never cared... only when it was Mac only ... before v 3 ... that was best Unity3d times... we had a working nice community/forum ... but than those WINDOWS devils came in and changed it all... since than it went all down...
    1. Support in forums and via mail..
    2. Quality of Editor
    3. Support for Mac OS X
    4. Mobile support -> Unity is very slow on Mobile & Mac :-(
    5. Unity3d became too big ... lost the leader to and since than it's a mess...

Unity- Hub
    is messed up too ... over 400MB for just a launcher????
    NO Silicon support -> LOOOOL

it will not change ... we're waiting already too long...
    https://github.com/Ravbug/UnityHubNative
    This is just a great example of the community who is able to write real code...
    15MB and Silicon native ... instead of 400MB and still not native ...

sry but @ all places you look here @ Unity ... it's a mess...
    just see TextMeshPro ... emoji support
    could go on and on...

if Unity doesn't care ... we also should not care anymore...

lemapp likes this.
  28. lemapp

lemapp

I'm expected to produce WebGL versions of my projects (Company requirement). It was simple enough until, Arrgggh, 2021.3.16f1. Okay, simple solution, install a different Editor version. < insert crashing into wall sound> NOooo! Unity Hub 3.4.1 is unable to install ANY Unity Editors. I feel trapped! I've been forced to use Unity's Cloud Build service. There is no public facing archive sites for Unity Hubs. [ Note: I've reinstalled the Hub numerous times, restarted the system, reinstalled SSL, ... ] I've received no information from Unity as I provide them detailed information on my exploration for a solution. Now I'm considering UnityHubNative as an alternative.

29. lemapp

lemapp

My Mac is rejecting Unity Hub Native . Should I learn Unreal?

Unifikation likes this.
  30. mlhornbo

mlhornbo

I'm running into an error on Windows that's listed on the Issue Tracker as
    HUBX-850 and it basically is keeping Unity Hub 3.4 from finishing launching at all and the bug's ensuring that any version of Unity launched using an older version of the Hub instead, is fundamentally broken. If anyone's found a fix or workaround that's actually viable, please let me know.

31. lemapp

lemapp

xar -xf \"/var/folders/rm/vl42g4vs2csdm7m7l1n66ct80000gp/T/unityhub-61108590-ccd0-11ed-810e-8f4100dcef98/Unity-2022.2.12f1.pkg\" -C \"/Volumes/Alternate_Mac_HD/Unity/2022.2.12f1/tmp\" MISSING SYMBOL CALLED

32. wernert

wernert

many thanks for the light theme

33. Muckel

Muckel

YES ... better now than later....
    see in 23 what Unity has become... did it better than the years before?
    NO
    my last year for the paid version... need to bring all my projects over... slow transition...
    because working on a Mac --- was not easy before... but new Version is Silicon native and runs very very well on my MBP... now it really becomes a alternative for us Mac user....
    Unity doesn't care much about Mac & Linux... but the others do :)
    if you see only the Hub -> lol ... it's a joke... on Mac & PC but on Mac is unusable memory hungry bloatware S***.
    i'll don't know who had the Idea about the Hub... but that person need to get fired first...
    Unity Hub -> it's a crime.
    funny that others made a light alternative that works soooo much better on Mac...
    but Unity doesn't care... :-(
    do they care anymore? NO
    i'm back to Flash and UE... only this year for transition and than i'm done with it...
    i'll use and pay since version 1.6 of Unity... know the founders and was very happy in beginning...
    than came the transition to PC and new peep's joint Unity...
    since than it all went down... Quality of code... support... the forum here...
    if Unity doesn't change quality & support... soon it will be bankrupt and sold...
    can you imagine... I'll paid all the time and supported Unity...
    when i'll had trouble... they never supported me... never ...
    this thread and may other show that there is no real interest in support customers anymore...
    but you pay for ... imagine...
    M.