Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official A new Hub release is available - v3.4.2

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Gennady, Apr 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gennady

Gennady

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone - Hub v3.4.2 is now live!

This release was focused on bug fixes and performance improvements.
    You can see the release notes here.

Thank you! The Unity Hub team

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

petrknedlik3 likes this.
  3. BackgroundMover

BackgroundMover

Did anyone else get a cmd window popping up and running netsh after updating?
    After the issue with the hub letting in malware a couple months ago, its a little freaky

Unifikation likes this.
  4. spacefrog

spacefrog

Why can't i add any existing Unity install to the hub now ? ( still works with Unity hub 3.2 )
    I always get "This is not a signed unity app" when locating Unity.exe manually

When i launch the Hub and afterwards launch those Unity.exe's manually, the exe's are successfully added to the list of available Unity installs, so no problem there...
    Anyone in the Hub QA Team checked adding existing Unity installs manually ?

rrc3dcg likes this.
  5. JJRivers

JJRivers

Just popping in to say that the new hub had been a bit of a pain for me until 3.4.2 landed,
    it frequently stalled on first open requiring reopening it multiple times and generally took
    small eons to do it's thing.

No more! Now it's working pretty darned well, great job on this one!

6. spacefrog

spacefrog

Can you please test whether you can add an existing Unity installation manually with the "Locate" dialog ?
    As posted above, for me this always reports "This is not a signed unity app" for me
    Launching the unity editor exe manually while unity hub is in the background register it as valid unity app install though

7. JJRivers

JJRivers

Just tested this, yes that is borked for me too.

spacefrog likes this.
  8. Druidman

Druidman

Mine was absolutely refusing to update, i've tried restarting it now multiple times, i've tried restarting the computer fully between, and now i've also tried restarting the computer, making sure it's definitely not open already via the task manager detailed view and then starting a freshly downloaded unity hub installer and asking it to install in the old directory effectively updating it.
    And i still get a "Unity hub cannot be closed, please close it manually and click retry to continue" error message.
    It wasn't until i deleted the folders contents (sans the editors one) and reinstalled that way that it went forward, (there was 7x more space left on that disk than it requires so that's not it either, i atleast highly doubt it ).
    mainly wanted to write it in case anyone is struggling with the update,
    win11 if that helps patching it up in case its not just my pc being weird.

9. SniperED007

SniperED007

Feature Requests:

• Please add ability to give projects an Alias (like how the Windows GitHub client does it, where you can right click on a project and Create or Modify an Alias)

upload_2023-4-22_10-35-6.png

• Remember what the column sorting was in the Hub, every time I open it, I have to re-click on the Favourites column to sort by it, please just remember the settings.

Sailendu likes this.
  10. DoggyXomaX

DoggyXomaX

Hello, lets see this page:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/hub/manual/InstallHub.html#install-hub-linux

Code (csharp):
    1. wget
    downloads the key

Code (csharp):
    1. echo deb
    works fine, writes strings in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/unityhub.list

Code (csharp):
    1. [signedby=/usr/share/keyrings/Unity_Technologies_ApS.gpg]
    Cool, just perfect, all in place.

Then we just:
    Code (csharp):
    1. sudo apt update
    Code (csharp):
    1. Err:4 https://hub-dist.unity3d.com/artifactory/hub-debian-prod-local stable InRelease
    2. The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY BE3E6EA534E8243F
    3. Reading package lists... Done  
    4. W: GPG error: https://hub-dist.unity3d.com/artifactory/hub-debian-prod-local stable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY BE3E
    5. 6EA534E8243F
    6. E: The repository 'https://hub.unity3d.com/linux/repos/deb stable InRelease' is not signed.
    7. N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    8. N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
    What about pub key?

MJG06 and Quetalasj like this.
  11. Mr-Fierce

Mr-Fierce

Opening project with 3.4.2 takes more than 8+ minutes. Just stuck at Loading Image with no progressbar. Any solution? I tried to reinstall unity and hub, same result. (Unity 2019.4.40f1)

12. mlhornbo

mlhornbo

This seems to possibly be bug HUBX-850 on the issue tracker, in which the Hub gets stuck in an endless loading loop unable to correctly connect to Unity servers.

I've had this issue for some time, on Hub v3.4.1. They're working on it, it's now 'in progress' but still not yet fixed.

Am getting the impression that the team doing this bug fixing are overworked, understaffed. There are thousands of bugs in the engine that have not yet been solved, and many of them are stuck in a queue for months or even a year before they get fixed. And still more are piling up. If you're a game dev using Unity and a software breaking bug hits you, the sort of bug that cripples your ability to do anything in Unity, you are basically out of luck as it may be half a year or more before things are usable again.

Keep hearing about the layoffs, recently 8% of Unity staff laid off and that's the third such major round of layoffs at Unity in the past year. Shame that those in charge of Unity Technologies care more about cutting costs to boost profit margins for shareholders in the short term than actually making the engine competitive long term. Unity needs more skilled people working to improve the toolset and keep it up to date, not fewer and fewer. At this rate, looks like Unreal will completely dominate the games industry within the next few years.

Mr-Fierce likes this.
  13. Sailendu

Sailendu

14. irisfreesiri

irisfreesiri

upload_2023-5-17_0-7-58.png
    Sorry, could you assist me solve this problem? I already updated Unity Hub v3.4.2

15. spacefrog

spacefrog

Hold the control key while pressing "Locate", this shoud skip that idiotic "is not a signed Unity app" dialog

Honestly this whole Hub thing is a total mess and all the the Hub related design decisions made, forcing Unity devs through all this mess are actively driving people away from Unity and raising red flags for future platform considerations.

Don't understand all this hostility towards the actual customer
    But well, just another warning sign that something is seriously wrong inside unity management

Last edited: May 17, 2023
    neonblitzer likes this.
  16. RobAtForgeRock

RobAtForgeRock

The installation instructions for Linux contain an error that will prevent a user from successfully installing UnityHub on Linux. Any users following the instructions will receive the following error when attempting to perform the `sudo apt update` command:

Err:14 https://hub-dist.unity3d.com/artifactory/hub-debian-prod-local stable InRelease
    The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY BE3E6EA534E8243F

The issue is with Step 2 where we ask the user to add the Unity Hub repository.

The command:
    sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [signedby=/usr/share/keyrings/Unity_Technologies_ApS.gpg] https://hub.unity3d.com/linux/repos/deb stable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/unityhub.list'

Needs to be replaced with:
    sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/Unity_Technologies_ApS.gpg] https://hub.unity3d.com/linux/repos/deb stable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/unityhub.list'

Note: signedby and signed-by.

17. lunasoul

lunasoul

Man! You're my hero! It solved my problem perfectly!

spacefrog likes this.
  18. Marcos-Elias

Marcos-Elias

Why is it so slow? I mean in general, not just this version. It should be just a list of projects and Unity versions, any C++ or even Delphi application would load that in less than 1 second.

It could load first and check the license later (async).

neonblitzer likes this.
  19. SASOUL

SASOUL

When I'm going to sign in in unity hub, I'm going to the browser and it can't sign in!
    I'm pressing "Back" and a message says "Sorry, but this link is not longer valid". unity err.png
    What can Ido for this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.