Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

A Native Collection has not been disposed, resulting in a memory leak. Enable Full StackTraces to ge

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by Carpet_Head, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

Code (CSharp):
    1. A Native Collection has not been disposed, resulting in a memory leak. Enable Full StackTraces to get more details.

How do I enable Full Stacktraces? which Unity version supports this?

Shahadat01 and dan_ginovker like this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

3. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

It doesn't seem to make any difference

upload_2019-2-18_17-37-56.png

juanborgesv, Neiist, adamgryu and 6 others like this.
  4. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

to elaborate: we are looking to find bugs in code we wrote that is leaking native collections. It is a complex system so it is hard to track down the issues without seeing where the collections were created

RiverExplorer likes this.
  5. elcionap

elcionap

Menu Job/Leak Detection/Full Stack Traces (Expensive)
    I'm not sure about leaks before the activation so maybe you'll need to restart the editor after enabled.

[]'s

6. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

Thanks!

I still couldn't find it - looks like you have to enable the Entities package explicitly to get this option. Burst and Collections are not enough on their own.

dan_ginovker likes this.
  7. scobi

scobi

Unity Technologies

It's actually the com.unity.jobs package that provides this menu - but com.unity.entities uses it as a dependency, so bringing in Entities will also work.

I'll write up a bug for us to make the situation better. It's obviously weird that you have to bring in a package to enable debugging something in the core. At minimum, we'll make it a more useful error message. Sorry for the trouble!

8. DropNodes

DropNodes

So enabling this stops the error message, but I don't see how to check if/where I have a memory leak

9. scobi

scobi

Unity Technologies

(Sorry I almost missed this reply.)

Enabling "full stack traces" should not stop the error message, so I'm confused by this behavior change. All that option does is capture a stack trace on the construction of every object that can be leaked. If a leak is detected, this stack trace is dumped as part of the report.

"Full stack traces" shouldn't have any effect on leak detection, just leak reporting detail.