Search Unity

Question A Native Collection has not been disposed.... Enable Full StackTraces - How?

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by laurentlavigne, Jan 22, 2021.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

A Native Collection has not been disposed, resulting in a memory leak. Enable Full StackTraces to get more details.

no stack trace option
    upload_2021-1-21_20-16-36.png

2. RecursiveEclipse

RecursiveEclipse

In my editor the third option(of 3) has always been "Full Stack Traces (expensive)". Maybe in some new update it got renamed(poorly)?

firstuser and laurentlavigne like this.
  3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Force On = Full Stack Trace? poor renaming indeed. I logged that as regression: 1308268

firstuser likes this.
  4. DreamingImLatios

DreamingImLatios

5. RecursiveEclipse

RecursiveEclipse

I'm not certain if that's the case, since mine still says "Full Stack Traces", as the image above. But try it and see if it gives what you need.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  6. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Well that's interesting, the error doesn't happen on the other computer that the project was originally developed on.
    Anyways what version of burst do you run on?

7. RecursiveEclipse

RecursiveEclipse

versions.png

I'm on Unity 2020.2.1f1, are you running an alpha/beta prerelease? I try them sometimes but it always ends up being some combination of weird changes and being critically broken, so I suspect that could be it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    laurentlavigne likes this.
  8. Per-Morten

Per-Morten

I might be wrong here, but I think that certain options are related to certain packages. Do you have the Unity.Collections package installed on the related computer? At least I remember having similar issues a while back when integrating burst into a project. I didn't get the leak detection or the jobs debugger options unless I had Unity.Collections and Unity.Jobs packages installed in the project.

laurentlavigne likes this.
  9. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Thanks for sharing a combination that works, in case I need to use collection or jobs I'll follow your recipe.
    That's good to know, I don't have these extra packages, just the bare minimum Burst/job.

I wonder why this would work on my desktop but emits errors on the laptop though since the same packages are on the project...

10. Kamyker

Kamyker

I have "Force On" selected in Unity 2021.2.12 and there are still no details and the same error. Any ideas?

pragmascript likes this.
  11. Anthiese

Anthiese

Kamyker likes this.
  12. Kamyker

Kamyker

pragmascript and Anthiese like this.