Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback A moderator should not be able to lock a thread critical of themselves

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by aabduljawad, May 5, 2023.

?

Should moderators be able to lock threads critical of themselves

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. aabduljawad

aabduljawad

A user opened a thread about asset store but it was locked by a forum moderator. Then, this same user opened another thread discussing the behaviour of the moderator, and would you guess? The same moderator appears and locks the thread. Thus, I propose to make a rule disallowing a moderator to lock a thread critical of themselves, and require another moderator to look into the case before locking the thread in order have judgement from a neutral side.

P.S. I have nothing against the beforementioned moderator, and this thread is by no means an attack on their person. It just so happened to be an example.

2. https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-community-code-of-conduct.743180/
    And you really shouldn't. It is simple, if you have serious problems with the Asset Store, write to the support. The moderators have shown enough leniency even keep that thread open.

3. aabduljawad

aabduljawad

Just to make things clear, I am not the OP of the two threads I linked in my first post. I think maybe you mistaken me for them.

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

Problem is, there isn't that many moderators here at Unity forum, for this rule to be practical.
    Some moderators are unpaid contributors to the forum.
    We should be thankful for having such activity here. Even tho sometimes we may not agree with. But majorly, their judgment is spot on.