Search Unity

A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by inicosia99, Dec 6, 2019.

1. inicosia99

inicosia99

Hi, the console gives me this messages and I don't know what to do.

A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Packages/com.unity.ads/Editor/Resources/iOS/builds/UnityAds.framework' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.

Couldn't delete Packages/com.unity.ads/Editor/Resources/iOS/builds/UnityAds.framework because it's in an immutable folder.

A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Packages/com.unity.ads/Editor/Resources/iOS/builds/UnityAds.framework' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.
    UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()

Removing Packages/com.unity.ads/Editor/Resources/iOS/builds/UnityAds.framework because the asset does not exist

1 week ago I wasn't able to do the built cause the console gave me the message " unable to convert in des format" so I deleted the package of the ads cause the console said there where 2...
    Right now I'm able to d the built, on the computer the and appears but on the phone not...

Any Idea?

Thank you so much :)

2. LEDWORKS

LEDWORKS

I'm having the same issue with Packages/com.unity.visualeffectgraph/Editor/Models/Contexts/Implementations/HDRP
    Each time i open the project i get the same 3 messages as unity attempts to delete the meta file but cannot because the folder is immutable.
    You can delete the offending file manually through the file explorer and the warnings go away... Until you open the project again the next day and the file re-appears.

For me it started when i updated related packages a few weeks back, so the issues must be due to either the package manager or the packages themsleves

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  3. highlyinteractive

highlyinteractive

Same problem here. For me, it's the vfx graph package:

A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Packages/com.unity.visualeffectgraph/Editor/Models/Contexts/Implementations/HDRP' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.

4. dominykasm

dominykasm

Unity Technologies

@inicosia99 Hi, you could try deleting the Library folder of your project folder and reopen the project in Unity to regenerate everything, make a backup of your project before you do this.
    I'm not sure how did you delete the package, but as the error says it's recommended to that in Unity as Unity takes care of the appropriate .meta files.

Bunny83 likes this.
  5. vihresko

vihresko

This bug is when use two monitors. Move Unity and Visual studio to one of two monitors and is all done!

6. Bunny83

Bunny83

No, that makes no sense whatsoever. Have you actually reproduced this issue and solved it each time by this method? Generally this message only appears once because Unity usually deletes meta files that don't have their corresponding asset / folder.

Your conclusion seems to be purely based on "post hoc ergo propter hoc".