Search Unity

Bug "A lot of pipeline updates have been queued" warnings are shown when connection is lost

Discussion in 'Unity Transport' started by Kichang-Kim, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Hi. I found that Unity Transport report warnings like this:

when connection is lost. It repeated endless until reconnecting to server.

But "queue count" is 0. so there is no updates but Unity reports warnings. Is this bug? or by design? If it is by design, how to fix it?

Thanks.

2. simon-lemay-unity

simon-lemay-unity

Unity Technologies

That's definitely a bug. And looking at the code I think I can see what's going wrong. I'll make a fix.

Thanks for reporting this issue!

3. simon-lemay-unity

simon-lemay-unity

Unity Technologies

Which version of Unity Transport are you using? That's definitely a bug in the latest experimental release (2.0.0-exp.6), but I'm not sure how this could occur in 1.X. I'll add extra safety checks there just in case, but if this was observed in 1.X then it could mean there's something going on here that needs further investigation.

4. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Thanks for invsetigation. I used 1.2.0 with Unity 2021.3.9f1.

5. simon-lemay-unity

simon-lemay-unity

Unity Technologies

Yeah that's pretty weird, I wouldn't expect that to happen in 1.2.0. Still, I've added extra safety checks to ensure we don't warn if the queue count is 0. This will be part of release 1.2.1 (release date is yet unknown). I've also added a note on my end to dig a bit further to find the root cause of what caused this issue. Thanks again for reporting this!

Kichang-Kim likes this.