Search Unity

A lobby room where multiple player can compete with each other

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by sydbarett, May 10, 2021.

1. sydbarett

sydbarett

Is it possible to create a lobby of multiplayer, who are competing against each other on their phones or laptop(webgl games) with a personal instance of the game running on their cell phones/laptop(webgl games) and when the game gets over the player gets to know who tops the leaderboard.

While the player is competing with each other, they get a real-time update of who are the one's who are topping the leaderboard.

The tutorials and videos that I saw teach to create a room where multiple players spawn in the same instance and each player can see what others are doing.

I want each player to know about other players progress only after the player game gets over and he is taken to leaderboards where we track the progress of multiple players.

2. BenniKo

BenniKo

The short answer ist yes, it is possible :)
    Because if you put in the time you can program almost anything in unity.
    What you are probably searching for is a tutorial to get you started. But I don't know one that matches your requirements.
    Maybe someone else does?

3. sydbarett

sydbarett

Or can you point me in the direction of some reading materials which will give me insight into my problem?

4. Komikom

Komikom

Theory: TCP/UDP communication, Server <-> client architecture
    C#: TCPListener, TCPClient, System.Threading
    Unity: Nothing specific needed

For your specific case, you can get by simple PHP app running on webserver. For anything more complicated, you will have to build a server.