Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

A little self promotion never hurt anyone right?.... (my 4 released products)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Caliber-Mengsk, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Caliber-Mengsk

Caliber-Mengsk

You can see them all quickly by looking at my profile page here:
    http://www.gameprefabs.com/users/caliber_mengsk

#1: Smart Crosshair Pack

This is a crosshair that does some spiffy stuff. It changes size based on distance! This can be very useful with an FPS/TPS to judge where to throw the grenade as well as to judge positioning. It's fast, and accurate. It ignores anything with the player tag (so if the gun is reloading on the screen, it doesn't keep getting big for the gun getting in the way). Also, it can be set up to change based on what the object has tagged. So, if you want it to turn red or change to a different crosshair if it covers an enemy, or say the word 'use' on something that you can interact with, it's as simple as assigning the texture, setting a tag and telling it to look for that tag.

It also can be changed on the fly with a simple crosshair changing script being attached, and literally one line of code. This is great for setting it up for tanks, or changing to a grenade launcher distance sight, or even as a sniper scope. Lastly, I'd like to mention that with the click of a check box, it changes from standard crosshair to instant mouse, which has the same interactions as if it were on the center of the screen (distance size, changing red on enemies), or can just be used as a quick custom mouse cursor. Check out the demo and/or the video at the product page here:
    http://www.gameprefabs.com/products/show/92

#2 Transition Pack

This is an easy to use package with multiple transitions including fading (to any color or image you want!). To use a new image in the transition is as simple as drag and drop. It's been confirmed working on iPhones by the guys at tornado twins as well (assumed to work on android with no problem, but has not been tested). These transitions are great, and could be useful for many game projects. There's even one for multiple scaling textures. Check out the demo to see all of the transitions in action. You can even change the duration of each transition simply by typing in a number. Check it out to see more by going here:
    http://www.gameprefabs.com/products/show/92

#3 Easy Leaderboard

This is a simple, fast, and cheap way to integrate a leaderboard into your game. You can select which variable to sort by, whether to sort ascending or descending, You can even set conditions (like only specific levels), and layer multiple boards on the same screen by changing the GuiID. You can use the built in GUI and functions, or call all of the functions in the background from other scripts to use your own interface, or just in the background without users knowing if you felt like it.

It only takes a matter of minutes to set up the system also. It simply requires a PHP server and a MySQL Server. These are really cheap and easy to get and use. I've even made an install script that will set up the tables and fields for you. This system also uses MD5 encryption with a customizable key to make sure that it's from a valid source and makes it harder for people to data inject their own scores. This is a great product to add to your asset catalog.

You can read more and even try out the demo, or watch the video setting up the entire process by going here:
    http://www.gameprefabs.com/products/show/121

#4 Billowing Smoke Particle

This particle effect is great for things like burning buildings, sinking ships, and it includes a one shot version for things like tank shots or C4. It even looks great when you walk up to it. This should also work great with iPhone and Android devices, though that hasn't been tested, I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I made this using Unity 3.1, so I don't think it will work on anything older then that. I don't see that as a major issue moving into the future though. Check out the demo to see both the constant and one shot versions in action.

You can see all of the information for this product here:
    http://www.gameprefabs.com/products/show/199

Thanks for taking the time to read about my products. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'd be happy to answer them.

2. bgivenb

bgivenb

wrong!

lol. That leaderbaord might come in handy for me. Nice work.

3. QuantumCalzone

QuantumCalzone

hey great work!

4. Caliber-Mengsk

Caliber-Mengsk

Thanks, to both of you. ^_____^

5. goatria

goatria

the transition thing and the leaderboard seem to be the most usefull of em all :p....so how much will they be?

6. colinter220

colinter220

Nice work!

Must...Have...Cool...Stuff...Like...Dat..........