Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

A light to follow...

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Nithium, May 18, 2016.

1. Nithium

Nithium

Hi everyone! Im another newest dev aspirant and my actual idea for project is a simulator with rpg caracterists, like Fallout Shelter and others, the game will be 3D modeling with isometric camera, but idk where and how begin it! I tried to find some notes how make a system like FS but dint found anything like that! Soo like the topic title please someone help me find the light to make this happen! Thanks!

2. tedthebug

tedthebug

What is your current skill set? Would you be better shelving your idea while you do the tutorials in the Learn section so that you can then do your ultimate game when you have the skills to make it as good as it currently is in your head?

Kiwasi likes this.
  3. Nithium

Nithium

I just done the tutorial of the roll a ball haha, i was thinking in lear something to make the fuction to select and push something to drop in somewhere i want, also how to implement rpg aspects.

4. tedthebug

tedthebug

if all you've done is the roll a ball then in my opinion, & there are others in here that disagree, is to work your way up to it as you understand what you've done in each tutorial. There's a lot of work in an rpg if you wanted to make it yourself. If you really can't wait you might be better buying an asset from the asset store but even then you would need knowledge beyond what the roll a ball taught you.

5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

You could always add different coloured cubes to roll a ball. Keep track of the cubes a player has touched separately.

This is the start of a rudimentry inventory system.

6. Nithium

Nithium

Yeah! I just begin to check the scripts tutorial! Gona stick with in for now and keep doin experiments :D after all needs to keep the C"sharp" ;)