Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

a incomplete tron game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by greyfox, Aug 21, 2006.

1. greyfox

greyfox

My little tron game so far. Its a nice side project to put stuff learnt from totorials into action.

w = forward
    s = backwards
    a+d = turn
    mouse wheel = sharp turn

Attached Files:

2. Mindless_Soul

Mindless_Soul

Very Nice so far. I like the style.
    Good work on the mini map.
    Are you planning on adding collision models and death scripts to the light trails?

A few Suggestions:
    ----------------------------------
    *You could design your game so that you are always moving forward, no matter what (maybe you could slow down or speed up etc.)

*When I collided with the cube structure I fell through the grid; you might want to tweak some things to fix that

*Adding a mouse orbit script to the car could be cool

*You could loop the edges of the map or add boundries so that you can't drive off of the minimap

*You might also want to add something to the mini map so it's a little more clear as to where you are
    ----------------------------------

That's just my two cents...

3. Morgan

Morgan

Very cool! I've never seen lightcycles done with smoothly curving paths like that.

It would be great if the mouse button were "Forward" and the mouse's motion turned you left-right: so you could turn sharply or gradually at will.

4. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Yeah, I like the curves too... but I'd like to see them built into the mechanics of the game . I have a Tron variation I'm working on too where I'm making the topology of the arena warped out instead of making the lightcycle's trails warped. I think if you're going to go with a curved lightcycle, instead of 90 degree corners, you should make the arena more curved with hills and valleys.

It's looking good so far, keep it up,
    Ethan

5. greyfox

greyfox

thanks for the feedback i will try some of the stuff suggested it will be heaps better once i get working oponets into it and gameplay sorted out better