Search Unity

A good book SERIES

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Jadestar, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Jadestar

Jadestar

Hi there. I'm looking at different options for a new game design engine (I've previously been using allegro but it is very limited). I am considering either XNA (or monogame since XNA is technically dead) or Unity 3D. I've searched the forums and there are a lot of good posts on some book reviews on getting started. What I am wondering though is that is there a good SERIES of books that anyone would recommend on Unity 3D?

The reason I am asking about a series is because while there are great books out there, you eventually master the book and are left with nothing afterwards. It would be great if there was a great series of books, lets say 3-10 books that would take you through various levels and features of Unity 3D. Obviously the first book would be beginner and the skill level would gradually increase.

What I dont want to do is buy an awesome book, read it and master it and then buy another book because it has SOME stuff in it that the other did not, but not bother with the first 5 chapters because they are all beginner stuff that I already have learned.

Thanks.