Search Unity

A general question regarding the PC and the Unity

Discussion in 'Windows' started by OafJabber, Apr 3, 2020.

1. OafJabber

OafJabber

Does the MSI gaming PCs, like the Infinite Series work or fit with the Unity's High Definition Render Pipeline? If do so, or when the Infinite Series doesn't work, which kind of PC does fit or work with the Unity's HDRP?

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hey I have no idea what the Infinite Series are but here are the system requirements for HDRP:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@7.1/manual/index.html

Shader Model 5.0 has been supported by all NVIDIA GPUs starting with GeForce 400 series (released in 2010), AMD GPUs starting with Radeon HD 5000 series (released in 2010) and Intel GPUs starting with Ivy Bridge CPUs (released in 2012).

Now, performance is a different matter and will largely depend on your contents in the scene.

3. OafJabber

OafJabber

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Yup.

5. OafJabber

OafJabber

Thanks much, it means a lot, especially in terms of getting to know the Unity HDRP setup and understanding the GPU.

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

New lot of nvidia GPUs said to be coming late this year. Might be worth holding off. I use a 2070S myself, tweaked a little so it runs slightly faster than a stock 2080 but a good price :)

There's never a reason to pick a 2070 over a 2070 super. Most should be same price.