Search Unity

A game that I want to make

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by EmeraldTNTking, Mar 25, 2020.

1. EmeraldTNTking

EmeraldTNTking

Hi, I am a little new to Unity

I want to create a game like Age of Empires 3 but way way simpler, is there any way somebody could link a tutorial or something that would help me with that?

2. N1warhead

N1warhead

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Unity+2D+RTS+tutorial

P.S. - The games might seem simple but these types of games are pretty complex so keep that in mind.
    If you are new to game-dev in general (which I assume you are) based on the question - things might discourage you with how hard they can be.

It is highly recommended that you take advantage of https://learn.unity.com/ I believe this is now (all) free for 3ish months, so use that and learn before jumping right into a big project like AOE3.

What you mean by 'way way simpler' I don't know, but Path Finding is (to me) the hardest part.

Billy4184 likes this.
  3. EmeraldTNTking

EmeraldTNTking

Alright I will, thank you

4. Arowx

Arowx

It's very simple to make a simple RTS style game with Unity e.g. Simple RTS

It's physics/gameobject/simulation nature make it very easy to do. Could be a good starting point to get to grips with Unity before moving to a more Turn Based system.

Hint: You can control how time passes in Unity so you could make a pseudo Turn Based RTS with a slower time step.

5. Billy4184

Billy4184

Didn't know about the free Learn access, thanks for the heads up! There's some good stuff in there I will be taking advantage of, always good to go back and brush up on things, and learn about some of the new features.

N1warhead likes this.
  6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Why pick the worst of the Age of Empires series?

I kid, I kid :p
    Good luck with your RTS!