Search Unity

A free array modifier tool based on the array modifier in Blender

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Cikoria, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Cikoria

Cikoria

Hi!

Since there are many Unity developers who are familiar with Blender, I thought it would be a good idea to create a simple array modifier in Unity that is based on Blender's array modifier.

The ArrayModifier component can be stacked to produce two-dimensional or three-dimensional constructs:

The asset is still in development so features will likely be added and/or improved.

Link: https://github.com/samuelkarabetian/Unity-Array-Modifier

The asset is completely free to use for any type of project.

Cheers! :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  2. barge9

barge9

Thanks!!! Really Cool, I just tried it out! Awesome! I totally love the array modifier in Blender, so it's great to see it adapted for Unity. The Array Modifier Script component was easy to attach to a GameObject. Perfect! I've a question, is there a way to animate the Array Modifier in the Timeline? Normally I would create a timeline, add an animation track (for the cube gameObject for instance,) Select the red record button, and then right-click on the Cube's Transform properties in the Inspector, and select "Add Key" (which adds a keyframe to the timeline.). Would there be a way to accomplish this within the Array Modifier Script? "Add Key" isn't an option. Anyhow, Great Package, !!!!

Cikoria likes this.
  3. Cikoria

Cikoria

Thanks for the awesome feedback!! I'm really glad you liked it! :)
    Same here, I've always been a big fan of the array modifier in Blender.
    That's interesting! I haven't thought about it but that could be a really useful feature. At the current moment, the array modifier only creates/updates the duplicates when one of the values in the inspector of the array modifier has changed in editor mode or the transform belonging to the array modifier has changed during editor mode. So unfortunately it can't be used for animations in play mode. However, I could investigate if it's possible to implement a "Run in update" toggle and update the array modifier every time an animation changes one of the values.