Search Unity

Tile Map A few tilemap questions

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by OtakuD, Sep 28, 2017.

1. OtakuD

OtakuD

Thanks so much for the work on tilemap, forgive me if these have been addressed before but I can't seem to find the relative threads if they were:

My walls of my game are 3 "tiles" high, how should I go about brushing them? Should I do a custom brush that can paint 3 at once or should I just "error/pink" out the tile when it's less that 3 high? Or would having the tiles sprite be 3 cells high in the sprite editor be a better solution?

Also how do I access/place "pink" tile for errors?

Players can also place flooring in my game, can this be done through the tile system and if so, how do you place tiles at runtime?

How can I manually set the icon a tile appears as in the palette? Sometimes the first tile in the set I create can be blank, which then makes a blank tile on the palette, making it impossible to locate.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  2. OtakuD

OtakuD

So far I was only able to find that tilemap.SetTile(Pos, null) can be used at runtime to remove tiles though I have not tested this, cannot find any info on the rest though since all example projects I find are not top down with large walls.

Edit: does anyone know where the example project is in this pic (above robodash) since it is also top down:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
unityunity