Search Unity

A few thoughts on the HUB software !

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Vagabond_, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi, here are some thoughts about the HUB software:

1. Analytics toggle should be disabled by default . Users can go and enable this whenever they want.
    2. An option of having the patch releases available for download should be added.
    3. Add an option of removing any project from the list. Currently you need to go and delete or rename a project in order to be removed from the list.
    4. Add the software version somewhere and an option to check for updates ( meaning the HUB software )

5. One more thing to add - please make the window resizable!

Except the things i've pointed, the HUB software is great as an idea ! Hopefully you will improve it even more !

Thanks !

2. Maddalena

Maddalena

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Thank you for your feedback, some improvements are already in our backlog.
    I have an extra question for you: #5 you are mentioning that you would like to have the window to be resizable, can you expand on this?
    Thanks!

3. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi, sure...

well, i am not really sure but may be i am just comparing the UI design to other similar software which i find to be much more user friendly. Or may be it is just because of the scrolling lists is not being smooth enough to me. I would prefer to make the window bigger ( this was my first reaction ) in order to see more of the listed projects instead of having to scroll up and down. Actually most of the time such windows are resizable and i like to have it full screen. Next i like to have any list ( with projects or tutorials etc... in this case ) to be isolated as much as possible of any of the other menus, top or side ( btw... separation lines between all the menus and may be some more colors here and there would be nice). This is may be a personal preference but i would bet that many users will agree.
    In general i understand that Unity is trying to follow a specific ( overall simplistic ) UI design, but i am not really fan of it.
    I like a software to be really readable like most of it out there already is !

I guess i am expecting Unity to not lag behind in terms of beautiful and modern UI design !

Hope this helps ! Cheers !

WillNode likes this.
  4. Maddalena

Maddalena

Unity Technologies

Absolutely it does, thank you very much.

Vagabond_ likes this.
  5. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi, may i suggest one more thing !?
    Whenever you attempt to install a new version of Unity, you always get the "Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017" option enabled. It should not be in case you have it already installed. And when you disable it it warns you that you need it etc... It is not a big deal but it is just kind of annoying !

Thank You !

6. Maddalena

Maddalena

Unity Technologies

Hi!
    Yes, we will take care of this one too. Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.

Vagabond_ likes this.