Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

A few suggestions related to the commit window

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Neonlyte, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

1. From time to time, the input field clears itself. I cannot reproduce issues consistently since they happen so random. Just now I tried to commit after typing in a long commit message. The scene I opened was not saved and Unity prompted me to save it. I clicked save, the commit window disappeared and when I reopen it the text in the input field was gone and I have to type it again. Other time it is just gone.

2. When I accidentally switched to Chinese Input Method (on macOS) while typing the commit message, macOS would pop a window saying that Unity has encountered a crash. The commit window would then show nothing and I had to restart Unity.

3. The window is too small to scroll through and see changes if there are many. A search-and-filter functionality would also be nice in case to find a change and reverse it.

4. A bug: clicking "See difference" on a binary file change would cause Unity to crash (on macOS)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    holliebuckets likes this.
  2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Thank you so much for the feedback @Neonlyte!
    I'm going to ping @quixotic (Collab PM) so she is in the loop too!
    As for the input deleting and the "See Diff" crash, watch for fixes in the upcoming 5.5b9 build. We will be backporting the fixes to 5.4 soon.

The input method switch is new to me. Would you mind submitting the crash? If you have already, just let me know and I'll go track it down :) Thank you so much!!

3. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

Hi there!

I managed to reproduce the issue. The bug reporter does not open when it happens, so I filled one out myself. Should there be more information needed, please let me know.

And the Bug Report ID: 844825

holliebuckets likes this.
  4. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Awesome!! thank you so much! I'm pulling that right now! You definitely have some explosions going on in there.