Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

A few general questions about Tiny

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by exoainteractive, Mar 30, 2020.

1. exoainteractive

exoainteractive

Hi,
    I have a few questions about Tiny, to make sure my team can switch to it for our next project:

- I noticed that the samples where using "JobComponentSystem" instead of the new "SystemBase" implementation. Is there any difference, or restriction to use one or another with Tiny ?

- Will we be able to change game size at runtime in a next release ? I read that the game size was 1080p by default, but wonder if you plan to have resizable builds soon ?

- Can we load data using XML or JSON ? I read that XML classes where stripped out but could we use json and what lib would you recommand ? NewtonSoft ?

- Can we load levels as separate scenes ? Or all scenes have to be loaded as subscenes from the beginning ?

- The WebGL build is displaying almost instantly. Can we still be aware of the download progression of all the contant in order to show a loading screen instead of seeing colored rectangles ?

- Do you have any plan to handle 2D collision responses in the upcoming releases ?

- Do you have a public roadmap somewhere already ?

Thanks for your answers, I really love what you guys are doing, keep it up!
    regards,
    Anthony

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  2. itsarjunsinh

itsarjunsinh

The samples are probably just outdated. SystemBase works just fine.

3. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Yes, absolutely. Whilst it's not an "official" feed, various WIP videos are made here which may be of interest or not!.