Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

A few Editor GUI bugs with one that's critical

Discussion in '2017.3 Beta' started by laurentlavigne, Nov 23, 2017.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

The editor in 2017.3 is quite sticky with hard to reproduce bugs so I'll list them in decreasing order of criticalness (ity? ism?).

971880 CRITICAL: drag and drop component to another GO loses all references to this component. Particularly deadly when reorganizing a scene where the moved components are referenced in some complex unity event, as a designer, I end up redoing those events whenever I move their target components, and we all know how finicky this is.

971876 unable to delete an array item with the delete key, now I have to right click and chose delete array element...

971795 axial scale gizmos disappear when in global mode. Rect tool can handle it, I guess this new tool can as well

971865 project bug: after selecting a type, click-drag in the filter window to select just a portion of the text that's already there, it'll select the entire text. This one is hard to reproduce and seems to happen only the first time, anyone noticed this glitch?

WinterboltGames and MrEsquire like this.
  2. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

972170 regression: when a script goes missing the label in the inspector turns to the name of the gameobject it was attached to, and some other times the name changes to something unrelated

3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

972368 Regression: some times the project view filter resets, I thought it was after undo but now I'm not sure
    Regression: the gpu profiler no longer works
    972367 follow up to the regression 972170: when the reference is lost, the component's name in the inspector hanges to "Nothing Selected". It should be Script Missing, and ideally in some font style that makes it easy to spot at a glance, like itallic or strikethrough

WinterboltGames likes this.