Search Unity

A few basic playables questions

Discussion in 'Animation' started by nsfnotthrowingaway, Aug 3, 2017.

1. nsfnotthrowingaway

nsfnotthrowingaway

tl;dr I'm pretty confused trying to figure out the basics of the playables system.

When I press record on the playable timeline I can see keyframes like the top track here:

1) Can I make my own custom playables show keyframes like the above pic?

2) The second track in the above pic is an animation track. So what type is the recorded track?

3) If I add a video script playable track, and add a couple of clips, the video just plays normally where any clips overlap, but it won't play anywhere else. It's not tweening the playhead between the start times, or anything else I can see other than triggering the video to play. Couldn't I already trigger functions like video player play() with mecanim? And why doesn't it play unless it's in a blend of two clips?

4) If I add a Transform Tween Track, I can double click a clip, and it brings me to an empty animation window where I can't change anything. Am I missing something?

5) Is there an example I can download that has playables actually doing something? The DefaultPlayables package just has scripts not being used in an example scene, and attempting to do things with them isn't helping (see above).