Search Unity

A days work

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by guategeek_legacy, Nov 9, 2005.

1. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Here is a pic of what I was able to do today. It was a lot of fun to actualy get something looking good first in C4D and now in Unity. There are still some things to work on, and of corse I'll keep adding things, but this is hopefully a taste of what we can do to a much much larger scale with UniTree. Kudos to Neil for all the help, and of corse to boxy, and yoggy who keep the project moving along.

Attached Files:

2. dan

dan

Wow. That tree looks really good. I can't wait to see more from Unitree.

3. jeremyace

jeremyace

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing more soon. :D

-Jeremy

4. pdrummond

pdrummond

I agree. That looks really good.

5. Sora

Sora

That tree is indeed looking very good!

Sora.

6. rafaeljm

rafaeljm

hi. could you tell us your texturing tips in C4D for using in unity? are you using bodypaint? thanks

7. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

To tell you the trouth I'm a compleat noob at texturing. I do have BodyPaint and I used it for the ground. What I do is paint different tilable textures onto a larger texture for the ground, so like on this one I just used a grass texture and a dirt texture, but it could be done just as easily in PhotoShop (just not so easy to see the results).

The rest was just cubemaping, and changing the repeat of the texture so it tilled rather than streched. Boxy made the tree and he did the UV for it, I just put my textures on it. I hope to learn good UV mapping soon.

The grass was done with a billboard that rotates tward the camera. Texture was generated in Maya, and Alpha was done like my tutorial at http://unify.bluegillweb.com|Unify. The scene was put together in C4D and exported to FBX. Grass was added in Unity. Sky box was generated in Bryce (as was the ground mesh). Ground texture was baked using baker plug in for C4D (adds more depth to it). Thats about it. Jeff