Search Unity

A couple silly questions about Timeline

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Sun-Dog, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Sun-Dog

Sun-Dog

Here are some questions that I can't seem to find the answers to:

Timeline Instance vs. Playable Director
    I'm a bit confused with this. Do we ever actually see a Timeline Instance? Or does the Playable Director make a Timeline Instance in the background? If so, and it's invisible/internal, why mention Timeline Instances at all? As far as I can tell, there is the Timeline Asset in the project and an associated Playable Director in the scene. Is there anything else that I'm missing with this?

Mute Button
    Is there a Mute Button that can be enabled on the track?

It seems I can only mute a track by using the context or drop-down menu.
    58b2209742c51bb72df751529d9ee50c.png

When a track is muted, an UnMute Button appears.
    caf858bc33c606321caaae36cdd21548.png

Is there anyway to put a clickable Mute Button on the track to save a menu driven click? Can I write a script to customize or override the display? It's a real PITA when working to right-click or use dropdown then select, when a single click would be a one action solution.

[EDIT] I have discovered that we can select the track and use the "M" key to mute the track, but this is still a 2-step process, so a static button would be great.[/EDIT]

Thanks in advance! (And I'm sure there will be more...)

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

The timeline instance is created by the playable director when the timeline is played, and can be found by the playableGraph member. It is not a gameObject, or something that shows up in the hierarchy. It is the same process as animator controllers.

As for the mute button - we will take that feedback into account, thanks for that!