Search Unity

A couple problems with visual studios.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by NumLock2020, Oct 29, 2020.

1. NumLock2020

NumLock2020

I imported my unity files onto a new PC. Visual studios 2017 isn't picking up some stuff such as the locations of "UnityEngine.UI" or "EventSystems". I had this problem before and was able to open up a window inside visual studios and go down a list to caution components and reinstall them or something like that and it had fixed it but I can't remember where to find it. Anyone know how to fix this?

Here is a screen shot:

It was something like this where I could select what ones to reimport or fix somehow (can't quite remember):

Another problem I'm having is with visual studios 2019. The colors for "Gameobject isn't showing up like in the 2017 version. Same goes for anything that should be showing errors, I put currentSlotAbility's in front of a piece of code to show you want I mean. No red squiggly line under it to indicate an error. How to get the colors to show?

Picture of the 2019 version:

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

NumLock2020 likes this.
  3. NumLock2020

NumLock2020

Solved the 2019 visual studio problem. Didn't have the Game Development with Unity plugin in visual studio's checked on in the installer.

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  4. NumLock2020

NumLock2020

Thanks that solved the 2017 problem. The Visual Studio Code Editor was pretty far behind. Once updated it fixed the issue. All problems solved, Thanks.

Kurt-Dekker likes this.