Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

A couple of minor issues

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Korindian, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Korindian

Korindian

Hi, so far Collaborate is working really well and is very easy to use.

Two minor issues I noticed:

1. I made some commits using 5.4 Beta 23, but needed to change the project version back to 5.4 Beta 20 and continue working due to some new bugs introduced in Beta 23.

This was fine, I made several commits in 5.4 Beta 20 without any problems. However, after these commits, and after making more changes to several files, suddenly the Collaborate dropdown was saying that my project version had changed, and only showed the ProjectVersion.txt file as a pending change, and no other files, even though they had changed.

Once committed, however, the Collab history window showed that indeed all the files' changes were committed. This had me worried for a second though.

2. Sometimes while typing a commit message, there is a blue progress bar which runs above the commit message area which causes focus to be stolen away from the commit message area.

I'm not sure if Collaborate is refreshing to detect changes, but several times this caused all the letters I was typing in the commit window to act as shortcuts for actions in the Unity Editor. I'm not sure if this was fixed in later Betas as I had to return to Beta 20.

Edit: Just now, was holding down backspace to delete some words I was typing in the commit message area when the progress bar ran again. This caused the entire commit dropdown window to go blank. Restarting the editor restores the window.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. mr-phil

mr-phil

Unity Technologies

Hello Korindian, sorry to hear you experienced problem with the feedback and the focus. If you have a minute, could you file bugs for those two problems? it makes it easier for us to track (and fix) them. You can use the bug reporter to do so: In the editor, Help->Report a Bug.
    Thanks!