Search Unity

Bug A copying errors

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by QuartzCZ, Aug 6, 2021.

1. QuartzCZ

QuartzCZ

i installed a text mesh pro and this happend upload_2021-8-6_12-21-41.png

2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

TexteshPro is a UI feature, it's not a 2D feature. Likewise, the forum for it is here.

I'll move your post for you.

3. QuartzCZ

QuartzCZ

ok thx

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

The reason you are getting those errors is simply because you did not import the TMP Essential Resources before using TextMeshPro. These are essential and when you created the first TextMesh Pro object, a window should have shown up informing you that you need to import those resources. But even if you closed the window, you can import these resources via the "Window - TextMeshPro - Import TMP Essential Resources" menu option,

TextMesh Pro is both 2D and 3D / UI feature.

There are two TMP components who both derive from TMP_Text. They are both in the TMPro namespace.

The first component of type <TextMeshPro> is designed to replace the old TextMesh which uses the MeshRenderer.

The 2nd of type <TextMeshProUGUI> is designed to replace UI.Text and designed to work with the CanvasRenderer and Canvas system.

As I previously stated, to use TMP, you have to first import the TMP Essential Resources. You can do so by going to "Window - TextMeshPro - Import TMP Essential Resources".

I also strongly recommend that you import the "TMP Examples & Extras" as this includes a lot of example scenes that will help you get a better understanding of the features and functionality of the tool.