Search Unity

Games A Case of Distrust [Greenlight!]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TheWanderingBen, Apr 19, 2017.

1. TheWanderingBen

TheWanderingBen

Hey all - I started using the new Unity UI system in funky ways a couple years ago. After much experimentation, and a great love for all things mystery and hardboiled, this is what came out of it!

A Case of Distrust (website) is a 2D story-driven adventure game, set in 1924 San Francisco, playing as a female private investigator. Explore underground speakeasies, smoke-filled billiard halls, classic barber shops, and more. Catch suspects in lies by using your wits, evidence, and statements. Uncover the truth in a mystery full of deception. Intrinsic challenges face our heroine, as she struggles against a pushback on emancipation, leading to many doubts, both internal and external.
    PLEASE VOTE ON GREENLIGHT!

DETAILS

The game requires careful attention to clue details and character statements. Interaction is with objects and text on each screen -- think something between Phoenix Wright and 80 Days.

The art style borrows heavily from the ideas of Saul Bass, Dieter Rams, Olly Moss, and other visual designers. I wanted to go with something that didn't distract from the world, but stayed within the style I wanted.

GAME CREATORS

Ben Wander - Design, Code, Visuals, Writing
    @TheWanderingBen
    Website
    Up until October 2015, somebody else had paid me to make video games (EA for the last few years, at both BioWare and Visceral Games). Then I left because I hate money because I can't get enough of this indie scene! I realized indie games, specifically ones rarely found in a AAA environment, were all I was playing and all I could think about. I'd had this 1920s setting in mind for a long while, and I had always loved narrative games. So, with some savings in pocket, I made the jump.

Mark "Marowi" Wilson - Music/SFX
    @MarowiTweets
    Website
    Mark is making all the audio for this game. Everything you hear in the game and trailers is his work, and it sounds awesome.

I met Mark while working on Dragon Age: Inquisition. He also worked on LA Noire at Team Bondi and is currently working at Riot Games and just quit Riot Games to also follow his indie dreams!

MEDIA

Travel animation (with the old name!):

Screenshots:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    WarriorDogDev and alexanderameye like this.
  2. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Looks really awesome!! Reminds me a bit of the iOS game 'Device 6'. For the trailer, I think it could use a bit more actual 'gameplay', so far it's not really clear for me what I'll be doing in the game for the biggest part.

I'm keeping this bookmarked!

Alex

TheWanderingBen likes this.