Search Unity

A button to shoot: How To ?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by SLASH24, Jan 17, 2015.

1. SLASH24

SLASH24

Hi there,
    I'm working for mobile platforms (touch screen devices) and I use Unity 4.6 UI...
    What I'm trying to do is simple: a UI button, when you press it, the in-game gun fires/shoot and once you stop pressing button (stop touch the screen) : the gun stops to fire !

unfortunately, I can't do this properly alone, I spent a lot of time on it, trying to understand how to do. Spent time searching the web and this forum also !
    the problem is that I can detect when the button start to be pressed but I don't know when it's released

my question is : what is the simple way to know when a UI Button is released, (no longer touched/pressed) (on mobile devices) ?
    Thanks in advance !! :)

2. SLASH24

SLASH24

hey, guys!
    it's okay now, I found out !

nathi0106 likes this.
  3. rezki

rezki

Make your shooting a public function
    Then, there where it sais onClick on the Button component select your object and your function
    osaB5mR.jpg

4. nathi0106

nathi0106

Hi..Im trying to do the exact game which is to shoot using a button..My problem is when i click the button, the log says it is shooting, but i don't see any particles coming out... can you help?

5. SLASH24

SLASH24

nathi0106 likes this.
  6. nathi0106

nathi0106

Thank you sooo much..But i'm following another tutorial right now. If this doesn't work, then i will check it out..Sorry, i give up easily..haha XD