Search Unity

Question A bunch of questions

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by knas01, Apr 21, 2021.

1. knas01

knas01

There are a few things I have to ask about. First, why is the roadmap using Unity version numbers while in the packet manager it's completely different? . How are you supposed to know what's in the version you download? Also, does that mean you need the same version of Unity as the release version? I don't think so since I downloaded the examples with the hologram and I assume that uses skinned meshes and that worked for me in Unity 2019 with VFX 7 5 3. It's pretty confusing.

Also, why does some effects in the example package and samples not work? I thought it was because I use URP but some effects will just not create shaders and scripts, even in HDRP. I'm talking about the butterflies and the volumetric examples. The magic book also had some effects that would not compile properly. Same thing with the bonfire from the packet manager samples.

What things won't work in URP compared to HDRP? I'm mostly interested in skinned mesh effects.

Hows performance when you have lots of emitters for PC? I want to use tons of particles for smoke, fire, sparks, trails etc. That might be something between 50-100 emitters at max.

2. andybak

andybak

> A bunch of questions

In my experience you get much better replies if you post a question with a clear title. If you've got a bunch of questions then make a bunch of posts.

3. knas01

knas01

@andybak I considered that, but after a quick look at this forum, the number of 0 replies threads here suggest it doesn't matter.

4. andybak

andybak

Yeah. There's some really dysfunctional aspects to this forum. The weird prevalence of mega-threads when single topic posts get ignored is one.

Maybe my advice should have been "post your questions on a year-old 200 page thread about a completely different topic because that seems to be where all the action is".

:-(

Livealot likes this.