Search Unity

A bit confused about where to start

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by semicodin, May 10, 2023.

1. semicodin

semicodin

Hello. I’m not entirely certain if this software is free for personal use? I’m interested in learning Unity to make jigsaw puzzles but I have almost no experience programming.

1. Is the software free and where would I download that version?
    2. How difficult is this to learn, given that I’m going to use the software for something simple like taking a work of art and making a puzzle out of it?
    3. Are there schools that will train me free? I don’t necessarily want (or even need) to be credentialed since this is for one specific type of use.

I got this idea because I've been playing a Google Play puzzle game which is free but the developer has abandoned it and won’t reply to requests to update the game with more images.

Thank you. :)

2. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

1. There is a free personal version of Unity
    2. Depends on the size of your project, can range from extremely simple to extremely complicated
    3. No, there's a myriad of courses online such as Udemy, Coursera.org and Zenva Academy but they are not free.

3. Reaktion

Reaktion

Hi,

If you want to learn more about how to use Unity, you should check their learn section :
    Learn game development w/ Unity | Courses & tutorials in game design, VR, AR, & Real-time 3D | Unity Learn

You can find tutorials about lots of features inside Unity. There is also pathways that you can follow : start first with Unity Essentials, then later you will be able to learn more about what you need, if it's programming or creative. Pathways are like series of projects in Unity, with videos that'll tell you what to do, and how to do it. (like a teacher presenting Unity)