Search Unity

A/B Segmentation

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by woko, May 1, 2015.

1. woko

woko

Hello,

Do you have any plans to segment users into A/B groups? Implementation-wise the A/B segment could be initialized in the same way like SetUserId/Gender/BirthYear etc.
    I think it would be a very a useful addition to your existing "platform/sessions/iap/country/gender/age" segmentation. Things like funnels for A/B testing levels would be quite useful for a large part of the Unity community I think.

2. elie-noune

elie-noune

Hello @woko!

Thanks for the suggestion! A/B testing is on our roadmap, and it will probably take us some time for us to get there given the resources we have today. In parallel, we are working on improving Segment Builder so you can create segments based on custom event data. This means that if you are able to tag users as "A users" or "B Users" via our custom event implementation, then you can also create an "A Segment" and "B Segment" and compare how these different users are performing.

3. woko

woko

Cheers, that's great news!

4. Rainbirth

Rainbirth

How is the A/B going, I'm very interested in modifying variables depending of the segments.

5. angeloferro

angeloferro

Hi @Rainbirth ,

A/B testing is still on our roadmap, however if you'd like us to prioritize development of this feature, make sure you vote for it here :)

6. Rainbirth

Rainbirth