Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

8K Videos

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by Torigas, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Torigas

Torigas

Hi all,

Since we would like to work with 360 Videos, 4k resolution has its limits. So we wanted to try using 8k videos in Unity with the new video player. Unfortunately, the videos stop playing after about 3 seconds.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve that?
    More info:
    Computer 8 core i7, 16gb RAM, 1080 GTX

Unity 5.6.0b4 > videos started, when cropping them ( top 1000 pixels for example) they started running again. No errors or anything
    Unity 5.6.0b6 > some of the previously working videos did not start at all. Same stalling after a couple seconds as in b4

The videos were loaded as is, without Transcoding. Transcoding actually caused Unity to crash reliably. EDIT: Bugreport submitted from my Bootcamp Macbook. Same issue on a different computer. Case 878682
    4k videos work fine.

When trying to click things in the VideoClip importer, occasionally this error pops up:
    Destroying object "" is not allowed at this time.

Best regards,
    Torigas

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

you can render out a 8k test video ( just color bars ) and send a bug report, the content of the video should not stop you from this.

Regards

Torigas likes this.
  3. Torigas

Torigas

Yea I just downloaded the Adam video, trimmed it to 6 seconds, upscaled it to 8k and submitted the bugreport after the crash. :)

4. landon912

landon912

Post the bug report # here for any lurking UT developer.

Torigas likes this.
  5. Torigas

Torigas

Okay! It's Case 878682

landon912 likes this.