Search Unity

[ON $20 SALE!✅]Infinigrass-GPU Optimized Interactive Grass-Trees-Meshes,work on mobile,HDRP-URP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Sep 1, 2015.

1. kkrg001

kkrg001

Let me ask you one more question.
    Is it possible to paint plants with EDITOR in urp environment?
    The paint at runtime works, but it doesn't seem to work with EDITOR.

The error was something like this

//
    UnassignedReferenceException: The variable GrassMaterials of InfiniGRASSManager has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the GrassMaterials variable of the InfiniGRASSManager script in the inspector.

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

I can send a URP tested version i have locally, but would be useful to also show me the issue with alpha, you mean the AlphaGrass shader not work ?

Currently i have converted the main shader and AlphaGrass shaders to URP and can send both to test

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Is this happening in my demo scene ? Generally should be able to plant in editor in URP, i see no reason why not work. Perhaps it has lost the material from the materials list if material was deleted ?

Also will try to work on a native URP version the soonest, hopefully will have it by this weekend and fully tested.

4. kkrg001

kkrg001

Thank you for the surprisingly kind and quick response.
    An error has occurred in the demo scene imported into the empty project.
    Currently, the transition from lwrp to urp is confusing, so I'd like to check out this forum and wait for action. :)

nasos_333 likes this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

ok, i will try to do a first conversion and tests, to see what might be wrong with it in URP, though this seem like something breaking it from unity 2019.3 side, will check and get back asap

kkrg001 likes this.
  6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I finalized the tests and conversions and have a first version with the base shaders ready, remains to convert few more of the materials to the new shaders and discover why i cannot simply put the new shader in the old materials and then will all be finalized.

For some reason the material imported from the original InfiniGRASS will not work if simply assign the new shader, even if it is exactly same as a new material with the same shader and variables that do work if a new material is created. This is extremely confusing and clearly some Unity bug that need to work around by simply making new materials and assign to all items one by one, though this process will take some time to finalize for every brush in the package.

I left a post in URP forum as well, in case there is a simpler solution to the Unity bug.

The rest all seem to work ok, i can plant and erase grass directly, as long as i set the materials right.

I post a video of the first result in the very latest Unity 2019.3 and URP versions.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    kkrg001 likes this.
  7. Mojo-Game-Studio

Mojo-Game-Studio

Hi Just a quick question, does this asset work out of the box with HDRP?

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, the asset is Standard Pipeline, a HDRP full conversion is on the way and progress is posted above in the thread. The Beta will soon be available to all users of Sky Master ULTIMATE and there will be a premium price upgrade to the HDRP version for all users of the system (far lower than buy the asset from store).

The HDRP version will be stand alone, as mixing versions with the new Unity status is not possible without creating critical issues.

All systems in HDRP have been reworked and recreated from scratch to harness the full power of the new system, so is a totally different asset in HDRP. The new Oceanis water is also a cutting edge water system and will get its own standalone package as well.

9. Mojo-Game-Studio

Mojo-Game-Studio

Thanks for the update, it was the grass system I was most interested in

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

The grass will also get a hdrp version soon, is in the works

The urp version is done and in final stages to release

11. GCatz

GCatz

interested to know if the new infinigrass studio will support webgl ?

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, the system will be generally compatible with everything, it does not require DX11 and works even on SM2.0. For the full optimization in the coming upgrade will require SM3.0 or equivalent class of hardware that allows texture fetch in vertex shader.

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

The URP version of the system is now ready for download for all users of InfiniGRASS, on PM request (please provide the invoice PDF for reference)

The new URP system uses a single shader, and all functionality has been merged for ease of use. A new demo scene is also provided specifically for URP.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  14. JBR-games

JBR-games

Hello im testing InfiniGrass and i was wondering if there is a way to have grass lay down like the scripted interactive grass scene demo but after 3-5 seconds raise back up like in the shader based interactive demo ? Or slow down the shader interactive grass rebound. Thank You

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will check for this, since scripted one has a delay i think could be done, but not sure

JBR-games likes this.
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  17. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE on HDRP:

The first HDRP version is now also ready, i do the final refinements now and will upload soon for all users.

18. pokruchin

pokruchin

Hello! Can I have a voucher to purchase Infinigrass for $15?

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, sure, i sent in PM

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO (v2.0) WIP on grass shading

21. Mojo-Game-Studio

Mojo-Game-Studio

Please please please pretty please can I have a voucher

nasos_333 likes this.
  22. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, i sent the voucher in PM, let me know if all worked ok

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v2.0 WIP

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v2.0 WIP - Run time and rule based planting

docsavage likes this.
  25. malkere

malkere

I see your runtime planting is a WIP. Does that mean the current version requires a startup/initialization sequence? My game is fully procedural so I'm spawning and detailing terrains constantly at runtime. This makes Vegetation Studio and others, which are usually a great option, not viable for me, as instantiating new systems constantly requires them to initialize cause a spike on the CPU. Are there maybe videos demonstrating something similar somewhere?

If this is only -going- to be available, and isn't something that you would suggest I try with the current version, do you have an ETA on 2.0?

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The current version is great for little grass, but for massive grass i would definitely suggest v2.0 (InfiniGRASS STUDIO) that has exponentially less overhead when planting in run time.

Users of v1.x can get in the coming soon Beta.

johaswe likes this.
  27. nasos_333

nasos_333

First demos of InfiniGRASS STUDIO (v2.0) - Fields and Sparse forest

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GeMrIqRhF6ujmevUmfRZvsByHO-uEPJI/view?usp=sharing

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, the system can run on all mobile and benefit especially SM3.0 and above mobiles, all grass is procedurally planted in the demos with the rule based system.

The demos are stress test with maximum grass coverage everywhere and full shadow casting and receive.
    Sky Master ULTIMATE
    volumetric fog and sun shafts are used in the demos.

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

30. M_R_M

M_R_M

Whenever I paint using my own mesh and material, none of the "Grass scale - density" tools work, it just paints the grass at super high density and all the same direction. None of the world scale options or the scaling options for the grass seem to be working for me either.

Any idea what could be going on?

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, do you get any errors when painting the grass ? Perhaps could be some issue in the setup of the brush, e.g. an empty mesh or missing material could break the system.

If you want you could send me the brush you created to test it locally or can use Teamviewer to check on your side.

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO forest maker demo WIP

33. KoleaGames

KoleaGames

Can I have a voucher please :)?

nasos_333 likes this.
  34. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, i send asap in PM

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

36. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Good timing to be on sale! I have a couple questions, maybe they've been asked already, so I apologize but it's a lot of pages to read through right now. :)

I am making a VR game so the grass and bushes, etc. I use need to models, not billboards (at least up close.) So, can I paint on meshes (some are cubes and are as small 20m x 20m) using grass, plants, bushes I already own? On some I will be painting around paths, etc. I would love that detail in the game but I need them to look good in VR and be very efficient.

nasos_333 likes this.
  37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Yes the system can paint on any object with a collider and in any orientation, plus i have multiple samples on how to control painting as well if need extra scripting for example.

The system wirks great in vr and had many users that reported great results with it.

StevenPicard likes this.
  38. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and bought it.

39. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I'm not so sure this will work for my needs. I hope there is a work around, though. I need to paint onto tiles that I save as prefabs. These tiles will be procedurally placed together at run time. The way this asset seems to work is it places the prefabs that are painted into an empty parent object in the scene. So, for example, I can't paint on it and then save it as a prefab that will be placed one or more times in different locations and orientations. Any ideas?

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

You can work in a scene that has just the prefab, then ungrow the grass with the grass manager and package all as a new prefab, this way when inserted in the scene will instantiate the grass. Another option would be to have only one central grass manager and make a script that will plant on your prefabs upon instantiation, as an extra option.

In all cases the system can be planted at run time or used with prefabs. A 3rd option is just to export the grass with the export tool as OBJ, apply the relevant shader and use this on the prefab. That means will not have to use the grass manager, but will have to handle the LODs and some aspects manually.

StevenPicard likes this.
  41. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try those.

42. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

Version 2.0 will have support for grass on meshes (procedural created polygon landscape of chunk meshes) is that correct? Any idea for estimated release date?

Thanks a lot :)

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

v2.0 can apply grass on any surface, though there is 2 optimization methods, one assumes all is top down blanket, the other is like v1.x so orientation can be any. The first is more optimized as can do potentially any amount of grass with a single draw call and requires SM3.0 compatible hardware (or vertex texture fetch equivalent).

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  44. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Will it be a seperate release or an update of this one? Any idea for release date?
    Or is there a test possibility for existing users?

Sounds very interesting for all minecraft clones and other procedural created mesh based games...

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

V2.0 will be a new asset, as there is lot of new things, is like 4 or 5 new assets like v1.x in features and developnent time, but will be a cheap upgrade for all users like $5 at first or free if downloaded from Google Drive as extra option, for all users that got v1.x before v2.0 release.

About release date is mostly done, but after unity imposed the new piplelines all development went months back to support it, so to have v2.0 full completed for all pipelines will take some more time as is a behemoth work. Essentially Unity made everything 3x the work unfortunately, so it impacts all releases.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  46. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

I am in for testing for my chunk mesh based procedural (minecraft like) game if it helps :)

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, I will make sure to cover a sample for this scenario before release

Here is a sample of how v2.0 blanket system works and on mashes

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  48. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

That's really Looking great. :cool:

nasos_333 likes this.
  49. DeidreReay

DeidreReay

I would love the chance for the Voucher ! We were just looking at grabbing your infinigrass to use on our game! The speed it seems possible to achieve seems well worth it at first glance and would enjoy to dwelve deeper into it

nasos_333 likes this.
  50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I sent the voucher in PM, please let me know if all worked ok. I can send aldo the URP or HDRP version in google drive as needed.