Search Unity

8 wheeled robot demo

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Jonathan Czeck, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

The script actually just uses HingeJointMotors to rotate the wheels which in turn move the robot. Very cool that it is possible to actually do that and is really stable and works wonderful.

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~czec0035/unity/unityrobot/

-Jon

2. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Thats sweet! Yah I drive mowers all day and we have these zero turn mowers so I was thinking it would be cool to design one for use in Unity, this thing works a lot like the zero turn mowers. Only thing i don't like is the camera system you have on it. Dude you realy make some inovative stuff, its great to be using the same tool as you. Jeff

3. pdrummond

pdrummond

Excellent work. Could you post a copy of the script so we can have a look at how it works?

4. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Sure, but there isn't much for scripts. The physics engine is doing 99% of the work.

-Jon

5. pdrummond

pdrummond

I understand. A quick overview of how you got it all to work would be brilliant. I'm working on something involving a jeep and, while it's functioning, there's definitely room for improvement. Seeing how other people have created vehicles would be extremely useful.

6. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Here's the entire project minus the textures. (For space saving)

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~czec0035/unity/unityrobot/unityrobotstripped.zip

Hope it helps! If you want, make a thread about your jeep and put all you want about it up on there and we'll all see how we can help. You could put scripts, screenshots, or just select your Jeep prefab and supporting objects in your Assets and export a package for us all to examine.

Cheers,
    -Jon

7. pdrummond

pdrummond

Thanks for that. I'll have a look as soon as I get a chance. I'll post some of my work when it's fit for public viewing. The trouble is I don't get much time to try things with Unity. The day job gets in the way :)

8. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Cool!