Search Unity

6hr Game Development Timelapse

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by ohLogical, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ohLogical

ohLogical

2. markusb

markusb

I don't wanna be rude but this is crap. Sorry.

3. ohLogical

ohLogical

Thanks for the constructive criticism. By that, I mean thanks for being absolutely no help whatsoever. You don't just tell someone that what they did was crap. You need to explain to them why. So your post was, in fact, very rude. Therefore I have zero regard for your opinion.

I on the other hand, see nothing wrong with this. It's a timelapse, something you can't really screw up. If anything, this was for the team to remember a fun night working on our game.

Get out

4. smilefr

smilefr

I wont say that this is crap, nor will i judge the project since there is nothing to see. Maybe you should have waited to have actual content before starting a new thread.

5. markusb

markusb

Ok, maybe I clicked the link with a wrong expectation. I thought of a screen recording. But what I saw where two kids touching there noses, ears, heads and chewing nails. That isn't funny or interesting.

6. EricTheCoolDude

EricTheCoolDude

Nobody just wants to see the people working, people want to see what they're working on!

7. Magmaramus

Magmaramus

I agree that there was a lack of content in the video. We just wanted to record it to remember a fun night, like logical said. Here are a few screenshots. Keep in consideration though that the screenshots are still in early alpha!

8. TheHoboCoder

TheHoboCoder

I agree with EricTheCoolDude. I won't say this is crap but I think that you should show something else than just sitting on computer and making your game. We all know how that looks, we don't need 20 min video for that, right? Maybe it is good memory for you but if you say that there is development timelapse, people thinks it is screencaptures etc, not only developers sitting in front of static camera.

Anyway I would like to see pictures or videos from your game!

9. RoiDanielsen

RoiDanielsen

That video is completely pointless. Those screencaps look nice enough though, I dont know your skill level but assuming you are rookies it looks decent! Keep that going.

10. ohLogical

ohLogical

We prefer to be called baby geniuses.

Thanks for the input!