Search Unity

64-bit build and vcredist_x64

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by KnuckleCracker, Oct 3, 2013.

1. KnuckleCracker

KnuckleCracker

Just released a demo for my upcoming game. I released both a 32bit and 64bit windows version (along with OS X 32bit because 64bit OSX crashes.. but that's another story).

For a couple of customers, there was a complaint about mono.dll and the 64bit version not working. One said he had to download vcredist_x64 to get it working on his system.

This caught me off guard. I've never read anything about having to bundle the c++ runtime package with any Unity build. Is this a requirement for the 64-bit builds, but not the 32-bit builds?

2. UnLogick

UnLogick

This is a known bug, and the devs are working on it.

For now it seems you need to add the vcredist_x64 manually.

3. Trigve

Trigve

Or you can put the CRT DLLs to the executable and distribute it like that. Another workaround if you've got the installer, is running the vcredist installer in silent mode as first during your installation.

4. KnuckleCracker

KnuckleCracker

Yeah, the silent mode installer works fine unless the system has a later version already installed. Then you get a popup saying the installation failed, which makes it look like your game's installer failed. (At least in my testing on my desktop). Determining if the runtime is already installed looks like a big bucket of mess from what I can tell. I've used inno setup for my installer, btw.

Does anyone know the exact DLL's that are needed? And is it the 2010 runtime that is needed, or does an older version suffice?

5. Trigve

Trigve

Looking into my VC installation there are two files in redist for x64:
    msvcp100.dll
    msvcr100.dll

So this two should suffice.

Edit: With assumption that VS 2010 x64 are needed

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013